Is HD news on the way out?

The one thing I miss about Voom is the blonde chick on the HDNews channel. I loved seeing her in HD! :D

It seems the guys with HD are far more horny than guys with just SD. OK Sean...you can move this reply to wherever it fits or delete it. Getting way off topic.

For me I like HD news and tune it in often for a few minutes at a time. But lets face it, the big stories are not always covered in HD. I wouldn't mind some SD shots but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it. The live stuff is truly great and is the future of news on all the networks. But you can get a preview of what the big guys will look like now by watching VOOM HDNEWS

I haven't been watching much HDTV for the past few weeks :shocked

I know, I know. I just picked up NASCAR 2005 for my XBOX and am hooked for now.

Has HDNews resolved the audio hiccups?

I haven't watched a great deal of HD news but I do agree that it has a lot of potential. For something like the aftermath of the hurricane, the potential for HD to really do its thing is tremendous. You can really feel like you are there! So, I would like to see them selectively cover stories which have a unique HD appeal while also giving some basic news coverage. They can't compete with Fox and CNN and shouldn't try to. I also agree with others that they should show very limited or no sd content.

I think HD NEWS is one of VOOM's worthy exclusives. I would like to see ESPN's Sportscenter produced like HDNEWS is. Its an excellent ch with tons of potential. They should be asking people about some of their other useless HD Ch's that they have on.

The news is not a money loser for most networks. Fox News is certainly not a financial drain on Mr. Murdoch!

I told them that I wouldn't mind them putting NTSC feeds in a window with data on the side a la Bloomberg if it allowed them to have a better representation of the news.

I also recommended they drop the photo essays and the weather and go to a 15 minute wheel instead of a 10 minute wheel, which would allow them to get a little more in-depth and cover more things. Without more news, it isn't so much a news channel as a demo channel.

I endured 25 minutes of yes/no 1-5 multiple choice questions and when they finally got the point where they asked for feedback, they only gave me time for one suggestion until I demanded more since I invested so much of my time to get to that point.

Go to 15 minutes. Drop the weather even though it has really good clarity. Add NTSC feeds in a window with data along the sides and one more I didn't get to because they wanted to finish the interview so it wouldn't inconvenience me (aargh!!)

Change the ticker on the bottom to have more real news updates and less advertising about what is coming on other voom stations.

Sean Mota said:
So what do you guys want to see more on HDnews?
How about some HD clips of the "Miss America Pageant" :yes

I would like to see more news, it seems they cover all they have in about 3 minutes. I love the HD weather maps, they rock.

They could fund more HDNews coverage with HD movie trailers as advertising, between reels, or something.

It took the survey as well, and this was basically what I said: Some SD would be ok, but HD is the most important. Try to provide more National and Breaking News and back off somewhat on Human Interest stories.

I would say that the Sports Highlights that they curently show are better that ESPN Sport Center since they show only HD from almost every source ABC, NBC, ESPN, inHD, HDNet, FSN's, ect..
Also, I think that they had improved a lot in terms of coverage. THe RNC and DNC coverage was excellent. As another example, yesterday they were showing a hurricane report from Florida.
In terms of improvements, I think that they should just keep sending reporters to where the important news are. Also, they should got to Wall Street and do financial reports. And of couse, they should add the naked chicks :D

I would like to see HD News start giving daily reports on Voom. Such as a daily report, as of midnight Voom had xxxxx amount of subscribers. Voom had xxx new connections and xx disconnects, the new total is xxxxx subscribers. Also, tell whats new at Voom and where it can be found as well as whats around the corner and a possible start date. They could tell us about some of the problems and whats being done to solve them, etc..... also they could check out their program guide and give more up to date info on any changes....

I would like to see Voom muck its cards and fold HD News. I watched it for maybe two or three days when I first got Voom. I get my HD news through WRAL (looks better too). HD News is a repetitive 3 or 4 minute reel. I rank it right up there with Ultra HD.

It would be extremely cool if voom's hd news channel started acting like a real news channel like CNN, or MSNBC. And i mean like put the up to date news ticker across the bottom of the screen like CNN, and tell voom to go make Dan Abrams and Chris Mathews a offer. Would love to watch Hardball in HD, or the Abram's Report in HD. I love watching live debates on those news channels. And Voom really needs to start covering global issues much better, like in particular the WAR. Because i want to know whats going on and would love to watch footage in HD.

I would like to change out HDNews for another HD channel. I to don't watch HDnews most of the time.

Sean I just put a poll on the foreum to get everyone to vote on it. You might want to merge this with my poll.

HD News is not there for news it's eye candy. If anyone really wants to know what is going on in the world they turn to CNN.

But I love it! I use it every time I have new guests over and they say... Oh you have Voom, is their a big difference? Then I turn it on CNN and say how does that look, they say it looks fine. Then with a smirk I turn to 100. And watch their jaws drop. WOW, so that is High definition! Gets them every time :D

Now I know how people showed off when TV remote's first came out.
The channel just changed by itself! How did you do that? :haha

SpringsGuy said:
It would be extremely cool if voom's hd news channel started acting like a real news channel like CNN, or MSNBC. And i mean like put the up to date news ticker across the bottom of the screen like CNN,
Screw that! The day they put a ticker on the page is the day I never tune in again. I never watch CNN or MSNBC because the page is TOO DAMN BUSY! I want news, not a fricking Circus. :mad:

HDNews: The *future* of *all* newscasting?

Scott Greczkowski said:
HDnews is NOT going anywhere, I had a long talk with the folks froom VOOM who believe HDnews is their best looking channel, infact its the one they use to demo most. :)

Of *all* the HD programming that is available (from VOOM and everybody else), HDNews is the *most* likely to be copied.

Why? Not unlike what CNN did when they started 24/7 news carriage in the first place, HDNews used a combination of second-sourced content and their own coverage teams. However, for those coverage teams, they spent the money on *behind the scenes* (the equipment itself, which is top-drawer!) as opposed to personalities (most of which you haven't heard of prior to HDNews, I'd wager).

Don't have VOOM? Don't have anybody local that *has* VOOM? (I fall into *both* categories.) Go to VOOM's Web site, go to VOOM HD Originals, then select HDNews (and watch the clip thereof). Prepare to get your socks blown *completely off* by the *least* exciting portion of television programming today: news programming.

VOOM, with HDNews, has *by itself* set a standard for *all* future high-definition news content, whether it be national or local.

That, by itself, is reasson to be thankful VOOM exists.

its nice for 15 minutes then it repeats and repeats and repeats for what 24 hours? Its a joke, almost as worthless as MOOV. Nice picture though.

vurbano said:
its nice for 15 minutes then it repeats and repeats and repeats for what 24 hours? Its a joke, almost as worthless as MOOV. Nice picture though.

vurbano, if I may ask. What is your source of daily news?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)