Is it me or is the guide hard to see?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kspeters

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 15, 2005
I find the guide very difficult to see on my 34" 16:9 HDTV. Anyone else have that problem? I sit about 10-12 feet away and have to really try to see. I don't have a problem with dish guides.

on a 34 id bet its small.... i know its pretty small on my F38310 but its still readable.

But vooms guide is about the same size as dish so theres no reason it should be different.

Are you sure its set in 720p/1080i mode? the red button on the front panel will switch resolutions.

Mine looks really good on a 46" Toshiba 46H84 RP HDTV @ 1080i.

Maybe you just need to adjust your TV's resolution.

How can you see it so far away? I sit 13' from my 110" screen and it's just right. Now my 27" TV is about 6' away and the guide is hard to read.

One thing I did notice, my guide looks better in 1080i.

ya i have the same problem my tv is a 27 and the guide was the first thing that i noticed i even called to see if i could change it but they cant so i hope they use a new one on the dvr cus this one really sucks

I'm on 1080i and it's a little blurry. Might be the color scheme they use b/c the one that is highlighted seems to be easier to read. I guess I have to move everything closer!!!!! Just thought it might be an issue for more people that perhaps VOOM might want to look into. Maybe have two different styles of guide or something. I am sure it is much better on a larger tv set.

kspeters said:
I find the guide very difficult to see on my 34" 16:9 HDTV. Anyone else have that problem? I sit about 10-12 feet away and have to really try to see. I don't have a problem with dish guides.

For 16x9 HiDef 2x screen width should be the max you sit away from the TV (most people like to sit as close as 1.5x if screendoor effect allows it), or you are losing the Widescreen Movie experience. 6' would be the max i would consider sitting away from a 34".

I'm about 14' from a 50" and have no problems reading it. The colors are a bit hard on the eyes though, especially the yellow in a dim room.

Are you talking the surfbar or the guide?

On my 27" the surfbar is hard to read but the guide I can make out a good 10' away.

Shawn

On my 27", it's hard to read the program description, everything else is OK, but I have a really crappy TV with dot crawl.

Well, vurbano, not everyone has a HDTV in every room of their home, some of us po' folk still have analog sets and the guide is hard to read. This is not a complaint so much as an informational thread.

Just to be fair, the dot crawl is so bad on my analog TV that even the Dish EPG was hard to read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)