Is Kindle What I need?

The Kindle is really NOT designed for typing more than the name of a book. Remember its an experimental browser, basically just a freebie they give you.

I am a bit ticked off. My kid has been using my Kindle 3 for the past three weeks -- that's all it took for him to fry it. Screen is completely e-ink-screwed up. Tried recharging it; tried hard reset, the darn thing is dead. I swear the kid is death to my electronics. I gave him my old Droid; he manages to drop it in a stinking POND!!! Now the Kindle is dead. Have not decided if I will get a new K3, or a fourth gen one. The thing that annoys me is that I had the K3 3G, no ads, just a great device. But since I use the Kindle on iPad most of the time, I only need it occasionally. GRRRRRRRR......

Is filicide still illegal?

I saw in yesterday's Best Buy ad that they had the Kindle "Keyboard" 3G (w/ads) for $89. While I did not like the idea of the ads, I went and bought one tonight. After some BB rewards certificates, I spent $76. Not bad, since I spent $189 for it the last time. And I have a working Kindle again. The boy will not be using it. If my wife wants to let him use HERS fine, but he lost the privilege of using mine :D

Wow! that's a good price for the 3G! Perhaps I should return mine - I paid full price! :(
The ads are not as bad as I thought they would be. I can definitly live with them.
They don't bother me at all. In fact, I found some of them useful.

Wow! that's a good price for the 3G! Perhaps I should return mine - I paid full price! :(
The ads are not as bad as I thought they would be. I can definitly live with them.
They don't bother me at all. In fact, I found some of them useful.

Yeah, it was a great price! I don't like the ads, but like you, I can live with them. If you bought yours at Best Buy, maybe they will give you the price break.

Just picked up a Kindle Keyboard 3G ($89) at Best Buy: will have to return the other one back to Amazon.
I wish Amazon could simply match the price, but it won't.

$89 is a great price for the last Kindle that has free browsing over 3G!

Just picked up a Kindle Keyboard 3G ($89) at Best Buy: will have to return the other one back to Amazon.
I wish Amazon could simply match the price, but it won't.

$89 is a great price for the last Kindle that has free browsing over 3G!

Good for you. I don't like the ads, but once you are reading they aren't there. But for $89, I will put up with it.

I realized that you can "unsubscribe" from special offers, and just pay the $50 difference to get the non-ad supported Kindle 3G; which after the Best Buy sale price, means it ends up costing $139 for the Kindle Keyboard 3G.

Not quite sure I will do this, but maybe. Tempted, I will say that.

I did decided, however to run over and get another Kindle for $89 for my kid. Was going to get him the $79 one, but for $10 more his can have 3G. Just need to get him a near destructible case for it.

I will say I do like the graphite casing, it seems to make the text jump out on the screen much more clearly than the white case. Not sure why, but it does.

I too prefer the graphite casing. Looks good in the leather cover! ;)

As for kids, I am not sure anyone will really need 3G. It's mostly for international trips.
I think most will prefer Touch, or even Fire - games and videos look pretty cool on it!

I too prefer the graphite casing. Looks good in the leather cover! ;)

As for kids, I am not sure anyone will really need 3G. It's mostly for international trips.
I think most will prefer Touch, or even Fire - games and videos look pretty cool on it!

I actually just had decided to get him the $79 Kindle wi-fi. No need for 3G, and since buy buying it at Amazon, no tax or shipping, so I will save $20.

Still tempted to hit the UNSUBSCRIBE button on my Kindle 3G, price would end up $126 for me. We'll see.

I used to use the 3G pretty regularly, but I agree, it is not essential.

ALSO - my new Kindle did not come with the newest software, had to do the update to 3.3 this morning.

rockymtnhigh said:
Still tempted to hit the UNSUBSCRIBE button on my Kindle 3G, price would end up $126 for me. We'll see.
I'd rather spend that extra money on books.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)