Is My STB bad? UGG!

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
It only happened once in week 1 of service. Now it has happened twice this week.

I go to turn on my Voom STB and I only get like 4 channels and they are totally in the wrong spot.

My locals only 1 comes in and it says it can not get signal right over the perfect picture.

Worldsport comes in where HDnews channel should be.

The guide has proper infor on it but most channels are just black when I turn to them.

I can fix this by unplugging receiver and plugging back in.
But that is a pain and I should not have to do this.

ANyone else have this problem?
Thanks.

I have had this problem also , about 3 times so far, in the 3 weeks I have had Voom. Software wise they seem to need a lot of work. Never had these issues with Direct.

I'll take stab and guess that both of you had one line run. That being a diplexer used to combine the signal of the V* STB and antenna outside. I believe others said that theirs was either hooked up wrong or the diplexer used was a POS/broken.

Lots of people had this problem when the older/cheaper diplexor was used. I was under the impression that the newer diplexor fixed the problem, but I have separate lines, so wouldn't know.

Can you describe what happens to the line after it enters your house? Can you also verify which diplexor is used outside to combine the dish and off-air antenna cables? The behavior you are reporting is not normal.

Ken F said:
Lots of people had this problem when the older/cheaper diplexor was used. I was under the impression that the newer diplexor fixed the problem, but I have separate lines, so wouldn't know.

Can you describe what happens to the line after it enters your house? Can you also verify which diplexor is used outside to combine the dish and off-air antenna cables? The behavior you are reporting is not normal.

Thanks for the effort.

As a ex installer store owner. I pre-fed dual commscope quad shield runs for OFA and Voom 30inch dish. THe Voom run is no more then 25 feet with no splices and weatherproof quad connectors on each end. NO DIPLEXERs.

So It is not a line problem.

You are saying others had problem prior?
If it was not line problem was it STB problem and did Voom swap out ?

Thanks for your help.

I'm an early voomer and I had this as well as other problems with my original stb, it got so bad, something happened or did not happen when I changed a channel... I could reboot and it usually fixed it right away, sometimes it took another reboot or two to fix it... finally I called (and had called several times prior) and this time I requested a new box... the installer brought it out three days later... the new box was much better, but still occasionally locked or whatever... after the software upgrade it practically stopped, but it still happens... you don't have to unplug the unit, try pressing the standby button on the front of the stb for about 4 or so seconds...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)