Is NFL-ST for 2008 getting too high, will you renew?

Will you renew / add NFL-ST this year?

• Yes

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • No, going to cancel NFL-ST

Votes: 40 26.1%
  • Only if I can negotiate Free Superfan

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • I don't have & don't want NFL-ST.

Votes: 38 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was thinking about getting ST this year, but it looks like moving my (or purchasing new) sling-box to my sisters house will be a much better option. I know the quality will not be the best but how good of quality do you need to watch the Lions lose every week.

Dude... you can put your slingbox at my house and watch the Lions as much as you want. If your still a Lions fan after all these years of letting Ford get away with allowing Millen to destroy what very little pride the franchise had, you deserve to get paid to watch it. Its the least I can do! :D

I am on the fence right now. If Super Fan is a no charge for all or at least HD subscribers, I might keep it. It is still hard to swallow $250 though. I make good money, but still... my wife will be giving birth to our second child in October, I am gas prices keep going up, our home heating bill is going up, Michigan is talking about raising residential electric prices 15%, I need to save for two kids' college educations, save for my own retirement. When I look at all this, things like Sunday Ticket are far down on the list.

I actually was able to get D* to give me the new ST subscriber deal last year, where if you subscribed to the premier package you got ST and SF for free. I did that, and cancelled ST after the NFL season, so I only paid $80 for Premier and ST for four months, since I already was paying for Choice Plus.

After 11 years, I think I am pulling the plug on Sunday Ticket.

A 50% price increase over last year is just too much. OK, they really didn't raise the price by 50%, but that is what would have to come out of my wallet to get the same programming as last year.

If they offered a single team deal for ~$125, sign me up. Maybe even $150. If I could get all the Steeler games, the rest of the games that I get would tide me over. IT will be tough to cancel, but I will get over it.

If I could get all the Steelers games, the rest of the games that I get would tide me over. IT will be tough to cancel, but I will get over it.

Yes you will, as I did ;)
Their prices are getting way out of line... but I still think it's a sign of what's around the corner - PPV only for all sporting events. :eek:

Last edited:
I am pulling the plug on ST after looking at those rates.
No way, no how I am going to pay 280- 400$ for ST.
Plus I have to work every Sunday....so not worth it for me.

why not? Its the same package

The hockey packages are cheaper there too...and don't tell me hockey isn't "big" in Canada :)

I read you point being that the reason it was more expensive was because it was a monopoly. If that is the case why is hockey carried by most of the Major providers here but it is more expensive? I guess programming is just cheaper in Canada.

The hockey page is either 10 bucks or even in Canada as it is in the states. I think it was 169 this past year

regardless its real close to the US price...but why is the NFL package so ungodly outrageously different in pricing?

The hockey page is either 10 bucks or even in Canada as it is in the states. I think it was 169 this past year

regardless its real close to the US price...but why is the NFL package so ungodly outrageously different in pricing?

If it is that close then I understand your point. I was not aware of the pricing for the other packages.

I watched the games free on C-band, then did Sunday ticket on the Tvn channels and switched to Directv Sunday ticket...I work half of the sundays and catch the games I want to watch from my Dish HD locals so... for the 3rd year, no Sunday Ticket for me...

How much are the TVN games ?
I use to buy it that way when I had my C-Band unit too, until they started charging more and more and moving sats every other month and channels were leaving the C-Band on a regular basis.

This was many years ago.

I use to get the ST for $ 79. on the C-band, is it even on C-Band anymore.

Jimbo

No more c-band for a while now; thats how I got started too; we were inaugural members of the pkg and were given a special certificate to join DirecTV in its inaugural year via the NFL.

It's been 10 years for me but I'm throwing in the towel. The price is just unreasonably high now. There are up to 16 games per week (many weeks are less). I get at least 5 of those games (NBC/ESPN/CBS/FOX) anyway. Last year, there were only a few times that I wanted to watch a game that I wasn't getting locally to begin with.

I'll be putting the $350 (ST & Superfan) in my gas tank this year.

I LOVE this service. Yes it is super expensive, but I'm addicted. I'm a 49ers fan, and since they were so bad last year even FEWER of their games are going to be broadcast around here. And even when they became unwatchable last year being able to watch any game I wanted and having access to the Red Zone Channel in HD (Or as I call it, "A Window From Heaven") was worth the $400 I paid. And now for the renewal I'm getting it for almost $50 cheaper! AND now with my DVR I'll be able to record some of these games.

I'm so looking forward to September. It's like having 2 birthdays in the same month every year.

I am pulling the plug on ST after looking at those rates.
No way, no how I am going to pay 280- 400$ for ST.
Plus I have to work every Sunday....so not worth it for me.

Hehehe.. I'm the other way around. I told everyone important in my life that from September to January, I can not be expected to leave my house from 1-11pm. Sometimes not having a family or very critical job can be good. Sometimes it sucks, but at least for a quarter of a year it can be good.

I've had it the last couple of years but I think I'm done this year. Price is too high and there are alot of games on TV w/out ST.

In fact to be honest I've had it with alot of the price increases across the board. This is not directed specifically at Directv but at the Cable/Satellite companies in general. I've shut off my sports package and movies and being from Ireland Setanta aswell for the Summer. Enough is enough.

Hopefully we can do a "before and after" feedback pole. How many of us go through with the drop come September

I definitely will be keeping NFLST/SF, love having every game for my survivor football and with friends coming over and bringing free beer definitely worth the price

I called and canceled it today. Perhaps if they come out with a sweet offer before the start of the NFL season I will order it again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)