Is NFL-ST for 2008 getting too high, will you renew?

Will you renew / add NFL-ST this year?

• Yes

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • No, going to cancel NFL-ST

Votes: 40 26.1%
  • Only if I can negotiate Free Superfan

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • I don't have & don't want NFL-ST.

Votes: 38 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
..or you can do what I did and retire at 48.
Of course I had to have 8 knee operations (the last two were total replacements) and I broke my back in two places. Add a few crushed discs (from a car wreck I still don't remember) and some arthritis into the mix and you're all set. :eek: It's hard to tell what helped more, the compound interest or the compound fractures...

u sound like 1 of the guys from from "unbreakable"....and not the unbreakable guy.

If your not so cheap why don't you cover my ST expense this year? :D

I have a household income of $90,000. But I have a mortgage, student loans, one car payment, rising fuel prices, $5,000 in credit card debt, $200 a month into savings for 2 kids' college educations, and $400 a month into my IRA. My priorities are to pay off my debt quickly. I will hope to have all my debt paid off in three years, and my mortgage paid off in 9.

Until then, $350 for ST is one month of my IRA contribution. That can compound into $10000 over the course of 30 years. If gas wasn't so much I would pull the trigger like I did last year. Last year our monthly fuel expenses were $180 a month. This last month it was $410. I don't know about you, but I want to retire while I can still enjoy it. The way a lot of folks live their lives today, I am going to be laughing when I am 58 and retired and everyone else my age has another 8-10 years until they can. I'll sacrifice now for what I can have later!

and isn't sunday one of the days that you can actually relax, forget about all that bull$hit and enjoy something?

Would be nice if the NFL or Directv gave us a little stimulus package of their own and included the "superfan" options in the regular ST package.

Or some of you can spend your sundays this season organizing a boycott for the 09 season unless there is a price reduction...

BTW, you never know what could happen tomorrow. I hope you are all set to "start life again" at 58...I also hope you aren't wasting good years worried about a future that may never exist.

Can't do anything but applaud a man who saves for his kids and his future though...hard to find truly responsible people these days. So I feel you when you say it's not cheap...but for under $25 a week...if it really makes you happy...I think you can find a way.

One intresting thing, If you go to the sunday ticket section you will see the NFL Network as a feature of Sunday Ticket? Not sure why they would list that?

I went ahead and called DirecTV regarding canceling Sunday Ticket, I got hold of a nice young lady who asked me why I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket, I told her Superfan was very expensive and I couldn't keep up with the payments.
She said, well you been a great customer, and I am willing to waive the fee for the SuperFan this upcoming season.
I said, oh ok, thank you.
She went ahead and put a waiver on SuperFan.
At the end of the call she gave me her employee ID(must obtain that just in case).

Guide how to do it:

Call:1-800-347-3288
Follow all prompts at the beginning.
When the automated system asks you the reason of you call say " Cancel Service"
After that you will be directed to the retention department and just follow what I just told you.
Before the call ends make sure you obtain the employee ID number and make sure they put comments on the account to have SuperFan waived.
Make sure you thank the employee at the end of the call and tell them that this meant a lot to you...it just gives them that extra little happiness to do it again for another customer.
Keep in mind I did not have to sign up for any extra commitments or anything special to get the Superfan free.

Good luck everyone, hopefully this works.

I called today and cancelled the service. At this time there were no offers available to me. I will check back in august, good bye sunday ticket, it will be hard to let go but I must at this time.

I called today and cancelled the service. At this time there were no offers available to me. I will check back in august, good bye sunday ticket, it will be hard to let go but I must at this time.

You won't miss it. In fact, I enjoy football more now without it.
Seems I spent so much time on Sundays channel surfing, I wasn't really watching ANY game in its entirety. Besides, with the NFL's Monday-Thursday-Saturday games & flex-scheduling, you're going to get plenty pf good games without ST.
Too bad I can't just bank the savings - it's all going into the freakin' gas tank now :eek:

Well I re-contacted DTV for one last chance at Superfan. I was very polite, in asking for any promtions. The CSR looked at my info and saw that I cancelled a few days ago ( so I did not think there would be any chance) She did say she would look into it. After a review she did say that she would be able to provide Superfan at no cost to me.

Two keys: I was very polite with many thank you's, hopefully for those who are still looking hopeing to get Sunday ticket with Free superfan, there may be hope!!!

Last edited:
I must say that the Supperfan package is great to have. What I can't understand is why in the hell do we have to pay for the Sunday Ticket as well? I remember last year I paid over $440.00 for the entire package. So pretty much I got f....ed. I can't recalled ever whatching the Sunday Ticket channels. $440.00 is a lot of money to whatch the 49ers on HD. This year I'm

Did't quite finished my statemant.....This year I'm taking my chances with local channels. Living in Florida is great but I miss my 49ers.

I went ahead and cancelled. I've had free Super Fan the last two seasons. No effort made to ask why or keep me. Oh well...

Did't quite finished my statemant.....This year I'm taking my chances with local channels. Living in Florida is great but I miss my 49ers.

You are right, even if I got SF for free this year, I still have a remorse about it, I may end up just cancelling it.
Can't justify anymore on why I am paying for SF If I am only watching the Patriots game or occasionally RedZone in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)