is NFL sunday ticket really free on DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clickclocks

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
canada
I don't understand, on DirecTV website says NFL sunday Ticket is included at not extra charge. when I go to the 700 channels and try to watch any of the games it says I need to subscribe and pay for the service.

Do I need the receiver to be conected to the telephone or the internet?

BTW: I'm subscribe to the Ultimate Package

The free NFL Sunday Ticket deal is a promotion for new subscribers. It doesn't apply to existing subscribers and the fine print very specifically explains it as such.

To wit:
DIRECTV NFL ST Free said:
New customers only (lease required).

The NFL Sunday Ticket is NOT free. There has been a number incentives for new subscribers to sign up for DirecTV service. Generally the "Free" Sunday Ticket promotion has been run for ONLY new subscribers for the first year of service, and only certain times of the year.

The NFL Sunday Ticket is NOT free.
Regrettably, if you don't follow through to all the fine print, this is not obvious. DIRECTV is running the razor's edge on false advertising by not dropping that bomb until the second round of fine print (the first round explaining that it is for the 2013 season only).

If you consider a 24 month commitment to a minimum level of programming "free", then you could say that.

Not entirely true. My brother is a Directv customer. He called in after having service for all most 3 years and asked for it, it was given to him free with no extra commitment after the second time asking for it. All he agreed to was $5 off for 6 months and adding MRV. So basically, other than the extra $3 a month for MRV his was free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)