Is this possible for new setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bsic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Texas
D* offers a 2-room setup for free. If I want to add 2 DTivo's, its another $199 (with $50 rebate, $149).

This is for 2 dvr40's. Can I just get the 2-room system for free, then go to best buy and buy 2 dvr80's for the same $199 total, and throw the original D* recievers in the closet?

If so, is there any resale value on these standard non-tivo recievers?

Thanks!

you sure could... this is much the same idea I did when I had a 3 room para todos setup done for free and bought an HD receiver and replaced the standard receiver with the HD one then beings my 4th room was already setup with RG6 just plugged it into the 4th coax area and hooked the standard receiver up there.

So I basically got 4 rooms done for the price of the 1 HD receiver.

bsic said:
D* offers a 2-room setup for free. If I want to add 2 DTivo's, its another $199 (with $50 rebate, $149).

This is for 2 dvr40's. Can I just get the 2-room system for free, then go to best buy and buy 2 dvr80's for the same $199 total, and throw the original D* recievers in the closet?

If so, is there any resale value on these standard non-tivo recievers?

Thanks!
Why not just go to BB and buy the TiVos as your original new customer promotion. The $50 rebate from Directv is for new customers only if you buy the DVR after you become a customer you don't qualify for the Directv rebate. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)