It sucks not having NBATV-HD

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Tomorrow (3/9) NBATV-HD will show what is IMO the best game since the All-Star weekend:
San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns

I'm a big fan of the Spurs. The last game between these teams was breathtaking with a superb performance by Manu Ginobili (48 points).

(BTW, ESPNHD screwed up the 1st game by not showing it in HD - it was an upconvert feed)

Come-on VOOM... Get NBATV-HD NOW!!!!

i totally agree with you im a huge nba fan. i would give up 3 channels for nbatv or nbatv hd. one thing voom should get is msg in hd since cablevision own madison square garden the knicks and so on.but i agree with you

cfkillers said:
i totally agree with you im a huge nba fan. i would give up 3 channels for nbatv or nbatv hd. one thing voom should get is msg in hd since cablevision own madison square garden the knicks and so on.but i agree with you

I would gladly give up the DIVINE channel for NBATV HD. :D . What a waste of HD space.

Walter L. said:
Tomorrow (3/9) NBATV-HD will show what is IMO the best game since the All-Star weekend:
San Antonio Spurs vs. Phoenix Suns

I'm a big fan of the Spurs. The last game between these teams was breathtaking with a superb performance by Manu Ginobili (48 points).

(BTW, ESPNHD screwed up the 1st game by not showing it in HD - it was an upconvert feed)

Come-on VOOM... Get NBATV-HD NOW!!!!

You don't need NBA-TV, you need InHD, they show all of NBA-TV games in HD:

inhd.jpg

Mar 9 8:30PM ET
NBA TV: Spurs @ Suns
Runtime: 4:00 (LIVE)

God, I can't wait for baseball season on this channel-

MLB and INHD reach high definition broadcast agreement

In 2005, INHD will continue high definition broadcasts of approximately three regular season games per week.

Bruce,
Actually, the way that it works is that your provider still needs NBATV, even if they have inHD. Otherwise, the games are blacked out.
BTW, I heard that this is the last year that inHD will be able to carry the NBATV-HD feed. Next year NBATV-HD will be a full time 24/7 channel.

Walter L. said:
Bruce,
Actually, the way that it works is that your provider still needs NBATV, even if they have inHD. Otherwise, the games are blacked out.
BTW, I heard that this is the last year that inHD will be able to carry the NBATV-HD feed. Next year NBATV-HD will be a full time 24/7 channel.

Well, I have it, but I am more of a baseball fan.

That's not true. I have Time Warner cable and don't get NBATV. I'm able to watch every HD NBA game that inHD shows.

Walter, do you have Dish HD? They show some of the games on their EventHD channel.

what ever channels that shows nba games we need them directv is looking right about now. lets see what happens next season. if voom can add nba league pass in hd or offer some sort of hd basketball i will stay. but voom is lacking sports.

cfkillers said:
what ever channels that shows nba games we need them directv is looking right about now. lets see what happens next season. if voom can add nba league pass in hd or offer some sort of hd basketball i will stay. but voom is lacking sports.
They offer quite a bit of HD basketball IMO -- I'm getting ready to watch my second game of the day right now (Big Ten Tournament), and there's another on tonight. I think Voom is also the only place to get EuroLeague games -- which I find more enjoyable than the NBA (settle down, I know I'm in the minority there). And we do get some NBA on TNT-HD. Not perfect, no... but quite a bit of HD basketball nonetheless. I'm not opposed to adding HD channels that'll provide more sports (well except for ESPN2-HD, but that's another story altogether), but I don't think this is necessarily what Voom should be prioritizing right now.

cfkillers said:
what ever channels that shows nba games we need them directv is looking right about now.
Except that D* completely ignored TNT-HD. If I were a D* sub, I couldn't stand the All-Star game weekend. Also, TNT-HD have been showing ALL games in HD, with 52 games, they're doing more NBA HD than any other channel this year - and they will be doing the Eastern Conf finals.

Walter L. said:
Except that D* completely ignored TNT-HD. If I were a D* sub, I couldn't stand the All-Star game weekend. Also, TNT-HD have been showing ALL games in HD, with 52 games, they're doing more NBA HD than any other channel this year - and they will be doing the Eastern Conf finals.

I thought they were doing the Western Conference and ESPN had the East, that is how it was last year.

bruce said:
I thought they were doing the Western Conference and ESPN had the East, that is how it was last year.
It is different this year. See at: http://www.nba.com/schedules/schedule_040802.html

Near the end it says:

"For the third straight season, ABC will exclusively broadcast the NBA Finals, which start on June 9. This season, ESPN will be the exclusive home of the 2005 NBA Western Conference Finals and TNT will exclusively televise the 2005 NBA Eastern Conference Finals. "

Walter L. said:
It is different this year. See at: http://www.nba.com/schedules/schedule_040802.html

Near the end it says:

"For the third straight season, ABC will exclusively broadcast the NBA Finals, which start on June 9. This season, ESPN will be the exclusive home of the 2005 NBA Western Conference Finals and TNT will exclusively televise the 2005 NBA Eastern Conference Finals. "

Well that blows, Comcast better hurry it up and get TNT, can't believe I dropped E* and I might have to watch the Pistons in SD.

bruce said:
Well that blows, Comcast better hurry it up and get TNT, can't believe I dropped E* and I might have to watch the Pistons in SD.
Is it digital SD in your area? Here Comcast's TNT is not only SD but is analog. If VOOM goes dark, that's the only reason why I may go E* instead of Comcast.

Walter L. said:
Is it digital SD in your area? Here Comcast's TNT is not only SD but is analog. If VOOM goes dark, that's the only reason why I may go E* instead of Comcast.

Yes it is both, in my area all the analogs are also in the digital spectrum, I can stand to watch it in SD because having the HD-DVR makes the switch worth it from E* to Comcast, now I just need Fox Sports Detroit to go HD since all the Tigers games are going to be on it, no more OTA for baseball here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)