It's funny but true...

theres a huge difference in having the bandwidth available and actually filling it with 39 HD channels on multiple transponders and kepping the quality up. When do we get the quality back with the ones we have now? AS for Moov, I might trade an ex wife for it. Same thing goees for Bravo HD. Some of these channels are merely place holders, novelties that will never mature into anything and will have to be dropped in the future for voom to survive.

i think they are not going to cut them off right now.Voom is trying to evolve them as they did with their rainbow services ,where they will make $$$ and eventually be able to sell them to other services in a few years.but for now already getting $$ i think with gallery connection with art houses9auctions) monsters shows trailers,Ultra-fashion houses may end up paying..i dont think there is a bandwidth problem yet..if there was i say ditch some, but wilt assures all the channels are spoken for as for space(the 4 remaining HD ones)untill mpeg-4

What does Wilt say the problem is with discoveryhd channel? and the west coast premium feeds. They have gotten better since sunday and monday when compression artifacts were rampant. But they are still soft.

vurbano said:
theres a huge difference in having the bandwidth available and actually filling it with 39 HD channels on multiple transponders and kepping the quality up.
Correct! That's why they have been filling it, instead of simply keeping the bandwidth available.

Fact:
... all the transponders were and have been loaded as if all signals were on from day one--with duplicates where we didn't have the rights to put up certain feeds. What that means is that any added services have had *zero* impact on existing services... Wilt

Some of these channels are merely place holders, novelties that will never mature into anything and will have to be dropped in the future for voom to survive.
Very well could be. Only time will tell. But there is no reason to drop them now. That's my point.

The sd channels tonight look pretty good to me. but i wouldnt hesitate a second pulling the plug on Moov if there was a way to put discoveryhd on that transponder. If that would eliminate faulty equipment affecting one of the BIG channels that people look for when selecting a service. I hope that that 39 channels of HD is calculated at the intial bandwidth and compression amounts that Voom used in the early days. Its hard to believe that compression hasnt been turned up to free space on a particular transponder after seeing all the compression artifacts last weekend. hopefully that isnt the case.

Why don't this just replace this LSD channel with chicks from South Beach?
Or Girls Gone Wild HD?

I would give up ESPN (when it comes) for anything....talk about a waste of space....and Fox News would also get the axe

JaydeeD said:
I would give up ESPN (when it comes) for anything....talk about a waste of space....and Fox News would also get the axe
I would imagine there is a lot of overlap between those groups not liking FNC and those not liking sports. I would definitely like ESPN, and despise all things political so much, would like FNC, CNN, and everything in between gone. Excepting of course HDNews, which needs more footage as well as more attractive newsgirls.

cyuhnke said:
HDNews, which needs more footage as well as more attractive newsgirls.

HEY!!....I am ready willing and able to marry Erica Zackey (don't know how her last name is spelled, just know I am in love) right this second. (She is the blond on HDNews)

red ufo said:
Why don't this just replace this LSD channel with chicks from South Beach?
Or Girls Gone Wild HD?
You are sooo right!!!!!! I can never find any bikinis on voom. Voom will learn sooner or later that it is skin and sports that sells service.

I would rather see the auction channel go before moov.

I watch moov occasionally, and I would agree that it has some amazing visuals. It is a good channel to have on "passively", if you are doing something else at the time, and you don't want to get sucked into a movie. At times, it is kind of relaxing to have on.

It is also a great channel to keep on if you have a party.

some great ones (in no order) are:
1) the toy train
2) the ice cream melting
3) the explosions

There are some other good ones, but I can't remember them right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)