It's official, no more national HD for D* this year

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uncrules

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2005
High Point, NC, USA
For those that don't visit the D* vs E* warzone Rad posted this depressing news that he got from SatelliteRacer at the other site.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1621197-post25.html

No new HD in 2008.

1/1/2009 MLB Network will launch

About a week later you'll see another channel launch.

Another one that was supposed to go up in December got delayed until March because they aren't ready yet with their infrastructure, but that's coming.

Others are scheduled in early 2009, but 2008 is done for national HD launches. Some more local launches coming up in January as well.

D* just plain sucks right now. :mad:
banghead.gif
ohlord.gif

Sad, but nothing earth-shattering. All along the word was maybe one or two in december.

For many, one that came in December was PBS.

I am looking forward to MLB Network in Jan, it will be great to have for the world baseball classic this March.

All that said, it is a bit disappointing to see the growth coming so slowly right now.

Sad, but nothing earth-shattering. All along the word was maybe one or two in december.

For many, one that came in December was PBS.

I am looking forward to MLB Network in Jan, it will be great to have for the world baseball classic this March.

All that said, it is a bit disappointing to see the growth coming so slowly right now.

Sadly only those that pay for the extra innings will be able to get it, thats too bad, I was looking forward to seeing it, looks like I won't be able to now.

jimbo

Sadly only those that pay for the extra innings will be able to get it, thats too bad, I was looking forward to seeing it, looks like I won't be able to now.

jimbo

Where did you hear that you had to get MLBEI in order to get the new MLB channel? I hadn't heard that.

I think you are confusing things. The way I remember: In order for any sat or cable company to carry MLB network they had to carry EI. Had nothing to do with the customers.

Where did you hear that you had to get MLBEI in order to get the new MLB channel? I hadn't heard that.

Thats the impression I got from reading the threads here.
IF thats not true, thats GREAT ...

I have NOT seen it in writing from anything official, like a press release, but thats not unusual.

Jimbo

It sucks. I kind of was expecting this though. I think D is almost out of room. At least thats what they are telling many people who have asked when they will be adding more HD. At least it is definite that we will get some channel(s) in January though. I am looking forward to the MLB Network. Hopefully they add G4HD, Travel HD.. among others. I seen a logo for Comedy Central HD too. Not sure when the high-def channel of that launches, but it would sure be nice to have that in HD.

Yeah, now it's January. The it'll be feb, the mar, etc.

I'll personally say we won't see any hd until John Malone stops leading D*.

It sucks. I kind of was expecting this though. I think D is almost out of room. At least thats what they are telling many people who have asked when they will be adding more HD. At least it is definite that we will get some channel(s) in January though. I am looking forward to the MLB Network. Hopefully they add G4HD, Travel HD.. among others. I seen a logo for Comedy Central HD too. Not sure when the high-def channel of that launches, but it would sure be nice to have that in HD.

Their only out of room because they took D-11 and added pretty much nothing but HD PPVS.

What D* is out of now is brain cells.

Their only out of room because they took D-11 and added pretty much nothing but HD PPVS.

What D* is out of now is brain cells.

exactly. so if they really want to they can remove a few of those ppv's to make room. it really stinks the way this guy is running the company but hopefully he's just passing by until someone that's willing to invest more takes over.

The last analysis I saw before I stopped reading the other site said that between open slots and HD PPVs that aren't being shared with part time HD RSNs D* can actually add around 15 HD channels.

Thats the impression I got from reading the threads here.
IF thats not true, thats GREAT ...

I have NOT seen it in writing from anything official, like a press release, but thats not unusual.

Jimbo

The MLB channel will be in a base package on channel 213 starting 1/1/09.

So we're getting a channel that will be showing exactly how much HD?? Forget games, I believe they're contract for 20something for the 2009 season. Big deal.

This is truly disappointing news. There are so many HD channels out there that we don't get, it's disappointing to see how slow D* has become in the adding HD channels arena. There are some strong rumors of FiOS coming to my area next year with the same lineup as NYC, if that's true then D* will definitely be losing a customer.

The only one I really care about that will upset me if it's not added is WGN HD. As long as they add it before baseball opens up again I'm good. This is the only channel I lost in my switch from E* to D* that I would miss.

I wouldn't bet on it. John Malone and the guy from dish network have one thing in common, they both hold out for channels until they get the low price they want. By the time they add wgn hd, cubs will more likely then not have a lot less games on wgn. Remember that John Malone gained the nickname Darth Vador, when he was the head of TCI. Considering that, I wouldn't expect csn northwest on Directv anytime soon either. Channels that offer him atleast partial ownership or money are more likely to be added than others as long as he is in control of Directv.
The only one I really care about that will upset me if it's not added is WGN HD. As long as they add it before baseball opens up again I'm good. This is the only channel I lost in my switch from E* to D* that I would miss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)