It's yours

spahoose

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Recently released update: Voom is releasing all ownership of the receivers to the customers, ie: it's yours to keep. No word on purchased receivers yet.

spahoose said:
Recently released update: Voom is releasing all ownership of the receivers to the customers, ie: it's yours to keep. No word on purchased receivers yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could we Clarify this just a tad?

ownership of which receivers? leased ?

and the purchased receivers ? You are saying you dont know if they are the owners property or wht?

where can we find this information?

spahoose said:
Uh 'no word on purchased receivers' ?
Are those not already owned by the customer?
Leased receivers now belong to the customer but not purchased receivers?

Reading with one's brain engagaged makes your statement very silly, spahoose.
Please authenticate the information with a link.

JL

Is this information in the upcoming letter from Voom???

Is this the information that is supposed to be contained in the upcoming Voom letter that is supposed to come out soon or did you get this information from an SEC filing that Voom took the receivers as a loss on their account?

lilyarbie said:
Is this the information that is supposed to be contained in the upcoming Voom letter that is supposed to come out soon or did you get this information from an SEC filing that Voom took the receivers as a loss on their account?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Was that the letter that said :

:D I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I'm sure about is that what you heard isn't exactly what I meant. :yes

If this is true, then free OTA HD is fine by me

I hope this information turns out to be true because I love using my two receivers as OTA units. Once I get confirmation, maybe I can start tweaking it for guide information. I've been holding off for fear of a return and then a fine for hacking mine.

Here's a confirmation source......

Electron posted on the help desk section this subject

Voom receiver update:
Quoting: "I just talked to a VOOM csr who read a statement that said we can keep our receivers to use for off air HD. If we find that we have no further use for them they should be disposed of properly because of environmental concerns. If I had any further questions the csr's will be there until the end of the month. I was then asked if they answered my questions.
Very polite service!"

If you want a source, just call VOOM and speak to a CSR who will be glad to assist...just make sure you get name and employee number of the CSR...and don't do anything with your STBs until you receive written work from Cablevision.

So how many people are now going to complain because they have to pay a $20 disposal fee for "hazardous electronic waste"? LOL

Lob

Silly question

justalurker said:
But what about purchased receivers? There was "no word" on those yet. :D

JL

How silly could this question be? You bought the receivers and you own them! Or maybe you are expecting refund from CV?

An unrelated question for all of you out there: I lost the guide as expected but also lost the clock in the receiver. Is this expected? I would think there is an internal clock built in the receiver and should function without a satellite input.

jimmykce1 said:
Well VoOm deactivated my boxes, so they are worthles to me now.
Well, then, why not just get over it and move on to the forum of your choice? Spreading ill will in this forum will probably not change your fortunes, any more than it will change the fortunes of those of us who still wish to reside here...Vicki :confused:

spahoose said:

Those of you that don't know this guy is a CSR for Voom i am sure that is how he know this.

t

So who really cares who he is ?
Although by his mumbled statement here i must say it sure sounds like a CSR.
Unclear ,undecided and just making a statement,not caring if it is true or false or anywhere in between.

Maybe he is the new Dragon coming back to haunt !

TYORK, I understand and agree (from prior posts) that spahoose is probably a VoOm CSR.

Having my brain engaged (not in neutral), I took the comment about "no news on purchased receivers" to mean...relative to any proration or rebates for purchasers...doesn't seem like rocket science to me to figure that out...Vicki :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)