I've about had it.........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even with the standby mode???? :p

Have you had any problems with the HDMI output on yours?
Best receiver I've ever Had. I've had HDMI connected since day one. Never slow and never one unschedule reboot in 18 months. My 612 both Flawless as well HDMI connect , and this is E* claimed POS receiver and still runs circles around my old HR20. But thats just my opinion.:p

Best receiver I've ever Had. I've had HDMI connected since day one. Never slow and never one unschedule reboot in 18 months. My 612 both Flawless as well HDMI connect , and this is E* claimed POS receiver and still runs circles around my old HR20. But thats just my opinion.:p

Valid opinion. You can only go by what YOU know. Like everyone else.

Thanks for the answer. I was just curious

I also like the HR series because I prefer their menus and features more. Recording is easier, and it takes less steps to get things done. HR series has Native, which is something Dish promised a long time ago, HR can also record TWO OTA programs at once (1 OTA tuner was just plan stupid).

Other nice thing is, D* is constantly improving the DVR with the CE program. Dish releases software about once every 4 mo's, and half the time the **** dont work right

Other nice thing is, D* is constantly improving the DVR with the CE program.
They are??? ;)
Anyway I've not had any software issues that I've seen posted around here with the E* receivers. I've never made it 18 months without a service call with D* HD equipment. H-20 was Junk, HR-20 was only slightly better. HR-21 seems worse then before.
It seems the CE process spends more time fixing what got screwed from the previous CE release instead of accually improving the receiver. :(

Like i said, its obvious to see who is leaning one way regardless of fact. Hemi, no offense, but it seems to me that it depends what day of the week it is as to what Sat Prov you think sucks.

You would make a good politician ;)

They are??? ;)
Anyway I've not had any software issues that I've seen posted around here with the E* receivers. I've never made it 18 months without a service call with D* HD equipment. H-20 was Junk, HR-20 was only slightly better. HR-21 seems worse then before.
It seems the CE process spends more time fixing what got screwed from the previous CE release instead of accually improving the receiver. :(
I have had my HR20 for almost 2 years and never once had to make a service call. Aside from the incident last week, which was resolved 5 minutes after I turned on my receiver, I have never had a single issue with it. My TiVO, on the other hand, misses recordings, will mix up programs in one recording (part of two shows from both tuners in one recording), will freeze up on occasion, is very loud, and is much more cumbersome to use.

Like i said, its obvious to see who is leaning one way regardless of fact. Hemi, no offense, but it seems to me that it depends what day of the week it is as to what Sat Prov you think sucks.

You would make a good politician ;)
OH stop! I've always said from Day 1 D* HD receiver are far from my favorite. Why does it always have to turn personal?

My TiVO, on the other hand, misses recordings, will mix up programs in one recording (part of two shows from both tuners in one recording), will freeze up on occasion, is very loud, and is much more cumbersome to use.
But what makes you think Tivo will be worse? If they are using D* fantastic HD equipment,"not" With Tivo's DVR knowledge ,How will that transform into a bad receiver?

But what makes you think Tivo will be worse? If they are using D* fantastic HD equipment,"not" With Tivo's DVR knowledge ,How will that transform into a bad receiver?
I don't understand your question.

I currently have both a SD TiVO and an HR20 with Direct. The TiVO gives me more problems, while my HR20 has been problem free since I have had it.

Also, the TiVO's interface is much less user friendly (too many menus and controls to do the simplest tasks), IMO.

I don't understand your question.

I currently have both a SD TiVO and an HR20 with Direct. The TiVO gives me more problems, while my HR20 has been problem free since I have had it.

Also, the TiVO's interface is much less user friendly (too many menus and controls to do the simplest tasks), IMO.
I have an SD tivo as well, And Hardware wise I've rebuilt the entire receiver except the motherboard. Software wise I like it. D* makes a good machanical receiver ,but the software sucks. Tivo is a master in DVR software. Combind the 2 and look at what we can have. Both D* and Tivo have been forced to make receivers on their own , Now I think they are both much smarter then before.
What ever E* Stole From Tivo , WORKED . Cunsumer reports and Cnet aren't giving D* HD DVRs awards.

I have an SD tivo as well, And Hardware wise I've rebuilt the entire receiver except the motherboard. Software wise I like it. D* makes a good machanical receiver ,but the software sucks. Tivo is a master in DVR software. Combind the 2 and look at what we can have. Both D* and Tivo have been forced to make receivers on their own , Now I think they are both much smarter then before.
Ahhh... I see. When they do work together again, the new DirecTV TiVO will be better than before and better than the HR's. I only hope this is true.

I also hope they change the interface. I personally prefer the interface on the current HR's over the older TiVO's.

i have to agree that my 622 is still better than my hr21 and i really hate E but i can't say anything bad about their vip line of dvr's. the HR21 has a bit more features. i agree with hemi about the 622 being better but i also agree with elway that D has more features and the ce program is a great thing. Bottom line is if you force me to pick just one i would go with D and their hr21. the only things the 622 is better at than the hr21 is you can record 3 things at a time and the responsiveness of the 622 is better than the hr21. it's not enough for me to say that the 622 is way superior than the hr21. it's just a little better.

it's not enough for me to say that the 622 is way superior than the hr21. it's just a little better.
I agree to a point. D* equipment to me , Most likly wouldn't stop me from going back to them fulltime. Their programming is stopping me from picking them up fulltime. Just doesn't have exactly what I need. If they did ? Hey I'll deal with the HR's I'm not fond of.

I agree to a point. D* equipment to me , Most likly wouldn't stop me from going back to them fulltime. Their programming is stopping me from picking them up fulltime. Just doesn't have exactly what I need. If they did ? Hey I'll deal with the HR's I'm not fond of.
I take it to be the lack of Premiums in HD, it is this in which Dish has a big advantage of Direct in programming???

Too me, premiums don't matter since I do not watch them anyway, but I thing I do like about Dish is their Turbo packages. I wish Direct would do the same. They pretty much offer every channel I watch in HD now anyway. Dish just needs to do a better job at marketing their turbo packages. The Frank adds are not effective.

I take it to be the lack of Premiums in HD, it is this in which Dish has a big advantage of Direct in programming???

Too me, premiums don't matter since I do not watch them anyway, but I thing I do like about Dish is their Turbo packages. I wish Direct would do the same. They pretty much offer every channel I watch in HD now anyway. Dish just needs to do a better job at marketing their turbo packages. The Frank adds are not effective.
My reasons for Dish are the Premiums, about 90%.I like getting Distant Networks as well, Something D* doesn't budge on . I get 6 local networks with D*. I get 19 with E* Between East ,West, Denver,Boston. Thats a nice option for only $17 per month. Great for Football,Baseball,Hockey,Basketball .All American Direct is all the sports packs I need.

My reasons for Dish are the Premiums, about 90%.I like getting Distant Networks as well, Something D* doesn't budge on . I get 6 local networks with D*. I get 19 with E* Between East ,West, Denver,Boston. Thats a nice option for only $17 per month. Great for Football,Baseball,Hockey,Basketball .All American Direct is all the sports packs I need.
Is this the superstation package?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts