I've been getting a weird result...

Orlando Vol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Just started a couple of days ago...
When I tune in some channels by scrolling through the guide and pressing enter, about 30% of the time the channel will just be a black screen.... :confused:

If I press channel up, and then back down... it comes in... :confused:

Any idea what could be causing this?

It is the same soloution I was using when there used to be a lot of silent channels... I would go up/down and then the audio would come in...

Any suggestions? :D

Personally I just chalk these quirks up as part of the price I have to pay to enjoy Voom. I do the up/down channel button thing, and enjoy the program. It does get frustrating sometimes, though.

Same thing here. Anyboby else? Any solutions yet? :confused: Yea upgrades! :D

It happens to me also, but I noticed this with 7.33, not just the lastest version. It happens quite often.

Me too. I just had a 3rd STB added to my account yesterday and it was doing the same thing. I did a reboot on all three by pushing the power button and holding for 10 seconds. Seems to have corrected the problem on all three receivers.

It looks like it could be attributed to 7.37 (latest software) but it is not. There's a lot of stuff going on behinds the scene that may have those effects, such as:

1 - Black Screen
2 - DVI Conflict Message
3 - Slow changing channels.

There are a lot of moving parts that are happening. All of them had to do with NDS and Harmonic integration of channels. And there will be more tweaking to go on until these are done. Don't panic. These little things will be resolved. Hang in there.

Sean Mota said:
It looks like it could be attributed to 7.37 (latest software) but it is not. There's a lot of stuff going on behinds the scene that may have those effects, such as:

1 - Black Screen
2 - DVI Conflict Message
3 - Slow changing channels.

There are a lot of moving parts that are happening. All of them had to do with NDS and Harmonic integration of channels. And there will be more tweaking to go on until these are done. Don't panic. These little things will be resolved. Hang in there.

Thanks... I wasn't panicking, but it was starting to become frustrating... :)

I lived through the audio problem, so I'll probably make it throught this, LOL....

Me too....I thought it might have been becasue of the snow but its happening today also.

Me Too

I also have the same problem i checked my bedroom and it has the 7.37 update and i need to check my Living room Voom Box i am also still happy i got the best HD out there may Voom add there channels soon. :D

This started with me too with 7.37 and I do not use DVI, just component. I also started getting that damned white pixel streak left over from viewing the menu and I never had that before.

Me too:
Black screen
Stuck pixel
Worse sparklies than ever on History channel and others
Low volume on Comedy channel and others
Is it time for another replacement box?