Joey image able to run to 2 tvs? Possible?

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I know this may sound like a dumb question, just wondering if the video that the joey is showing can it be broadcast to 2 tv's at the same time? I currently run my coax from 722 split it and it goes to 2 tv's. Is this possible with the joey? Looked at pictures from the back of the box it looks like the answer is no. Since it only has Hd output options. Please correct me if I am wrong. Just wondering if the Hopper would be an option.

blanquitoman1984 said:
The reason is that you are running on coax.You may be able to split the HD signal coming from the Joey, then you would have HD signal to 2 tv's of course it would be the same signal. Do not have the system but I guess it would be possible.

You would have to use an HDMI splitter if you wanted to maintain HD. Using an RF modulator and coax would make the signal SD.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

You would have to use an HDMI splitter if you wanted to maintain HD. Using an RF modulator and coax would make the signal SD.

And I do both for one of my Hoppers. HDMI to a 4 way splitter to feed 3 HD TVs and composite to rf modulator to feed a couple of bedroom SD sets.

I don't really need the HDMI splitter now with the Joeys, but the wiring was all originally set up for 2 722s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)