Joey pixelation

The silence from Dish Support on this issue in this thread and other threads here related to this issue is deafening. It's clear they don't want to admit the culprit is a software bug, especially if there's no ETA on getting the fix.
Okay, here's your ETA: Early December
(Feel free to prove me wrong, Dish.) ;)

Remember when we used to get release notes on software updates, usually pirated from someone on the inside? Then, towards the end the last few we did get essentially were a single entry:

"Misc. fixes"
The lack of any new software updates for the last couple of months tells me that Dish is basically starting to abandon all of the existing Hopper equipment, and concentrating their efforts mostly on the new Hopper model(s) that are expected to be released sometime next summer.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Okay, here's your ETA: Early December
(Feel free to prove me wrong, Dish.) ;)

The lack of any new software updates for the last couple of months tells me that Dish is basically starting to abandon all of the existing Hopper equipment, and concentrating their efforts mostly on the new Hopper model(s) that are expected to be released sometime next summer.
I don't see why we need another new hopper unless they have found a way to add more apps to it for other video companies like CBS all access, Hulu ,etc. I would be happy if they would concentrate on making the hoppers and their joeys work in other rooms in the house without having to reboot the hopper 3 to be able to use my 4k joey in my bedroom.

I don't see why we need another new hopper unless they have found a way to add more apps to it for other video companies like CBS all access, Hulu ,etc. I would be happy if they would concentrate on making the hoppers and their joeys work in other rooms in the house without having to reboot the hopper 3 to be able to use my 4k joey in my bedroom.
Maybe they will build a 4K Roku into the Hopper 4.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Why? If you want a 4K Roku, just go buy one. There is little reason for those who just want to turn their TV on and watch TV to need to pay for these kinds of bells and whistles.
But it would be a way to add more apps to a Hopper ... and you are against it?!!! You have committed blasphemy against St. Bluegras! :biggrin

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05
If there really is a next generation Hopper in the works, it would be interesting to see what capabilities they added. Perhaps they'll restore the red recording light.

If there really is a next generation Hopper in the works, it would be interesting to see what capabilities they added. Perhaps they'll restore the red recording light.
It is all pure speculation. Few, if anyone, know about such a thing and if they did they wouldn't be talking about it....

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts