Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Best day yet, 8899+ points! And all that on only one folding computer.
That's outstanding. You are producing more then I am, and I'm running an SMP client and 2 GPU clients (both ATI cards). The nVidia GPU client seems to just kill the ATI clients that I have. Are the ATI cards really that much slower? Or is the folding app more optimized for those nVidia GPU's?

That's outstanding. You are producing more then I am, and I'm running an SMP client and 2 GPU clients (both ATI cards). The nVidia GPU client seems to just kill the ATI clients that I have. Are the ATI cards really that much slower? Or is the folding app more optimized for those nVidia GPU's?
I think you are doing more output some days - I just had a really good day (timing on the WU finishes).

I heard the setup is geared toward Nvidia, and I got my new 9800GTX+ for $120, so it's a heck of a deal. That's probably one of the best ppd/$ investment out there.

I run about 5-6k just for the GPU. So that's up to 50 points / $ / day.

On the other hand, my crappy ATI 3450 card couldn't put out any points and it was $30. So that's 0 points / $ / day. What an improvement.

Nope same clients. I think :confused:10k was suppose to be on the day before totals.
I've noticed the Stanford stats have been taking 2+ hours sometimes which can cause the EOC stats to miss an update. I think this has happened a few times lately. As long as it works out in the end, it's all good.

We passed 43,000,000 million points today!

OK, qfiix was bust. It did repair two files and all WU's got sent but the SMP client is still shutting down at the completion of a WU.:( I deleted the config file and renamed the work directory. Then I started the SMP with the -configonly flag. After restarting the SMP, it created a new work directory and began it's run. Let's hope that it starts to load new WU's as it should. (fingers crossed)

Looks like we have a new folder from 5/14 named 'yourbeliefs' - moving up in the ranks.

Welcome to the team yourbeliefs. For me, it was a bit confusing finding out the best download and setup to maximize my CPU and video card. We're here to help if need be. You might even have your PS3 folding already.

-Fold on

(BTW - this was my 777th post!)

Last edited:
Looks like we have a new folder from 5/14 named 'yourbeliefs' - moving up in the ranks.

Welcome to the team yourbeliefs. For me, it was a bit confusing finding out the best download and setup to maximize my CPU and video card. We're here to help if need be. You might even have your PS3 folding already.

-Fold on

(BTW - this was my 777th post!)
*bowing* Yes yes I joined. This was a two-fold (no pun intended) initiative. First off, unfortunately my PS3 has been collecting dust as of late with my 360 taking up most of the time (with the Wii coming in a distant 2nd.) Secondly, we're coming up on the year anniversary of my mother dying of breast cancer at the young age of 56, and when I saw that this thing contributes to cancer research, I thought the LEAST I could do is use one of the things my mom hated for a good cause. It also helps that I have a flat utility bill.

*bowing* Yes yes I joined. This was a two-fold (no pun intended) initiative. First off, unfortunately my PS3 has been collecting dust as of late with my 360 taking up most of the time (with the Wii coming in a distant 2nd.) Secondly, we're coming up on the year anniversary of my mother dying of breast cancer at the young age of 56, and when I saw that this thing contributes to cancer research, I thought the LEAST I could do is use one of the things my mom hated for a good cause. It also helps that I have a flat utility bill.
Awesome! The PS3 is a great way to contribute when it's not in use.

If you end up folding on your computer, there are a lot of options to wade through. I was harly outputting any work units at first - and then I downloaded the SMP client and became much more effective.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you on the team! :)

Welcome aboard yourbeliefs!!! Glad to have you on the team and such a great cause to beat...!!!

Sorry guy's been fighting the flu and cantakourous computers this week! Heat , Lack of Power and no airflow is your enemy..!! :(

I did score my new presents this week so Scorp should have a new target to get to.. ;) :cool::up I do think his predicton on point's was a little low as he should top that just a tad even in a short month like May..??..;):up

Anyway's glad to be back!! Glad ole Bepop got in the points also!!

A hearty welcome to all new folders!!

Fold On.... !!!

Plazz

Welcome aboard yourbeliefs!!! Glad to have you on the team and such a great cause to beat...!!!

Sorry guy's been fighting the flu and cantakourous computers this week! Heat , Lack of Power and no airflow is your enemy..!! :(

I did score my new presents this week so Scorp should have a new target to get to.. ;) :cool::up I do think his predicton on point's was a little low as he should top that just a tad even in a short month like May..??..;):up

Anyway's glad to be back!! Glad ole Bepop got in the points also!!

A hearty welcome to all new folders!!

Fold On.... !!!

Plazz

Things that make yoou go hmmmmm?;)
Ok Plazz what presents did you get? I have noticed that it says you have 43 clients now so lay it on me :p:up

Things that make yoou go hmmmmm?;)
Ok Plazz what presents did you get? I have noticed that it says you have 43 clients now so lay it on me :p:up

Got 2 new 285 EVGA's that replaced the 2 ATI 3850's... Not sure the 43 is valid??? Have 12 -14 at work mostly junk smp clients. Then PS3 and 2 AMD comps at home .. 1 With 3 9800 GtX+ converted to 250's( Via Bios Flash)
One with the 2 new 285's. Both are running win 7 and an SMP Client.

May have 1 Toshibia laptop folding ( Girlfriend) 100 ppd at best and the Part time friend fired up the PS3 for the weekend.. Can't see 43 in that..??

Great Folding this week! A new SatelliteGuys.US Team record! 1.2 or 1.3 Million points! May 2009 will be a record month at this rate, too.

Edit: Okay, it was a little less than 1.2 Million points: 1,189,484 points and 1,731 Work Units, both weekly records for our team. Also, we've moved up to the 75th position based on 24 hour average points production!

Last edited:
Got 2 new 285 EVGA's that replaced the 2 ATI 3850's... Not sure the 43 is valid??? Have 12 -14 at work mostly junk smp clients. Then PS3 and 2 AMD comps at home .. 1 With 3 9800 GtX+ converted to 250's( Via Bios Flash)
One with the 2 new 285's. Both are running win 7 and an SMP Client.

May have 1 Toshibia laptop folding ( Girlfriend) 100 ppd at best and the Part time friend fired up the PS3 for the weekend.. Can't see 43 in that..??
You are holding the team record, as of late (or longer), for the most PPD. Nearly 49,000 in one day - impressive!