Just defected to DirecTv from Dish

rmims404

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2007
Well, I took the plunge and signed up for DirecTv. I've been a customer of Dish for nearly 6 years but I just could not wait any longer for more HD. Install is Sat. Apr 5. I'll get HD service to 2 tv's for $54.98 for 12 months, Free Showtime & Starz for 3 months and a 50.00 credit (Five ten-dollar credits) for saying that my brother recommended them. Of course he also gets the same 50.00 credit. This was just too good of a deal to pass up. I did have to pay 99.00 for the 2nd receiver, the first one was free. Hope I made the right decision, I guess l'll find out Saturday between 8 and 12.

They say the grass is not always greener. I'm going to be finding out with you though - my install is the morning of April 4th -- just in time for BSG in HD.

You will not be disappointed. I switched on 3-29-08, and really like itou he. /the hd looks great, and the dvr is not as scary as you hear in these forums.

If D* ever figures out how to integrate a "TV2"-like feature into their receiver... I'm gone as well... currently 12 years with E* but their recent decline vs. the competition in programming availability is unacceptable.

If D* ever figures out how to integrate a "TV2"-like feature into their receiver... I'm gone as well... currently 12 years with E* but their recent decline vs. the competition in programming availability is unacceptable.

This is the #1 reason I hear that people prefer their 622/722s. I have HDTVs throughout the house, and I can't stand "dual" mode, so this feature is not at all useful for me.

I can certainly see how it would be useful with those who have SD sets still around, or don't mind SD only. Me, I rather spend the extra $5 to add another box.

This is the #1 reason I hear that people prefer their 622/722s. I have HDTVs throughout the house, and I can't stand "dual" mode, so this feature is not at all useful for me.

I can certainly see how it would be useful with those who have SD sets still around, or don't mind SD only. Me, I rather spend the extra $5 to add another box.

Unfortunately my home cabling precludes this approach, otherwise I would have a multitude of independent boxes throughout the house. :)

Yeah well some leave Dish to come back to it. I think Dish will be fine and will have about the same amount of HD or more. Either way Dish receivers are allot better and Direct seems still a little behind the times some what on their hardware. Overall I think Dish has a better overall product and will add HD just like everyone else. I had a friend go from Dish to Direct due to he did not know better and now he hates it. He said he will be going back to Dish and get on their HD.. Again go with what you want but to jump ship over something like HD when overall they both will carry about the same like most all providers do.

Hey my install is on the 5th too (8-12), don't screw it up for me. I've been with E* since 97', but I'm tired of waiting for my locals (and more nationals) in HD.

Most people seem to be glad they made the change and wish they had done it sooner. I really think I'll be in that group too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)