Just ordered DTV. Why am i so worried?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll be getting two DVRs as well, but with the multi-room view. Was July 6th the earliest appointment that had open?

Yes, July 6th was the earliest date they had. Even on their web scheduler, July 6th came up as the earliest date.

Call the installation company directly and ask to be called if they have any cancellations.
D* will tell you who it is if you ask.

Last edited:
I cancelled mine altogether and went local. Direct had me setup with the last install company that cancelled on me the day of the install three times in a row the last time I had Direct. I said no thanks and went local. I got moved from July 24th to this Saturday. Could have had tomorrow but did not want to take off work. Got the same deal and made sure that have the HR24 and the H24.

Well less than 24 hours now until my install. I was able to switch from 12-4 to 8-12. That helps out a lot with my work hours. Looking forward to hassle free installation. Will keep you posted.

I cancelled mine altogether and went local. Direct had me setup with the last install company that cancelled on me the day of the install three times in a row the last time I had Direct. I said no thanks and went local. I got moved from July 24th to this Saturday. Could have had tomorrow but did not want to take off work. Got the same deal and made sure that have the HR24 and the H24.

How much is it costing you to have it done by local guys ?

Jimbo said:
How much is it costing you to have it done by local guys ?

$69 to setup two of my sd tv's to mirror each other. That went to the installer. What I was going to do if he could not set it up that way was to get a wireless video sender for about $50. I really didn't want to have transmitter showing so I went that route.

Today's The Day!!!

It's install day! Tech could arrive in as little as an hour from now. So as soon as I finish producing my newscast....I'll rush home and start getting things ready. Can't wait. The line of sight issue is still in the back of my mind but I'm confident they will figure it out. Then the best part...calling my cable company and saying "You're fired."

My install day went very well. Tech showed up about 1.5 hours into the 4 hour window. I got a good tech, I was concerned about things because of issues and stories I've heard about in the past with installers. I did luck out this time :)

It's install day! Tech could arrive in as little as an hour from now. So as soon as I finish producing my newscast....I'll rush home and start getting things ready. Can't wait. The line of sight issue is still in the back of my mind but I'm confident they will figure it out. Then the best part...calling my cable company and saying "You're fired."

Make sure everything is the way you want it before signing off on the paper work.

Work with the installer, if he's conversing with you great, if he doesn't want you following him around, let him do his thing, but stay in the area in case you or him have questions.

Go over everything once install is working so you know what was done and how it all works.

Make sure everything is the way you want it before signing off on the paper work.

Work with the installer, if he's conversing with you great, if he doesn't want you following him around, let him do his thing, but stay in the area in case you or him have questions.

Go over everything once install is working so you know what was done and how it all works.

Do what Jimbo says and dont sign off on anything until your 100% happy.

Congrats! I had DTV installed a month ago tomorrow. It was a great install. The installer arrived a few minutes ahead of time, about 7:45 am. I hadn't been up long and just got the gate open to the backyard when the doorbell rang. He was very professional and went straight to work. I stayed in the basement out of his was but was close enough by in case he needed something from me. So far it's been just great. I'm glad I made the switch from the other satellite provider.

Congrats. We get ours installed in the same city in 6 days. Be sure to let us know if you get the HR24!

Yeah Congrats and Welcome to the Empire.. Man can't wait until Star Wars Old Republic the new MMO comes out oops. Oh hope things go well let us know how it goes. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts