Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you're not in a huge hurry you could wait, I'm sure more will be around.

I think they'll be around $180 though, that $150 was a great deal and didn't last long. $180 is about the lowest out there now. Newegg is $195 shipped and instock. Amazon has a reseller with it for $183 shipped right now (Walt's).

found this am21 at a good price on ebay but its a new member so it can be a bit risky. i would ask for pics by email before giving this a shot. i've given a few newbies a shot since we were all new once on ebay. heres the link DirectTV AM21 Off-Air Tuner - eBay (item 190401160073 end time Jun-06-10 08:11:19 PDT)

I don't think there is much to worry about with the AM21's as they are OWNED by the sub, it's just an OTA tuner, nothing to fancy about it, no commitments involved, no cards, I don't even know if they show up on your D* account unless they sent it.

edit:
Just looked at my D* account and the one I have doesn't show up on thier records.

Finally got my DECA and SWM upgrade today, was delayed twice. 17 days from my order date ;)

Took about 45 minutes. Had everything ready, all he had to do was switch the WB68 to SWM16, add splitters, powersupply, broadband DECA. While he did that I put DECAs on each receiver and removed BBCs.

Everything was good to go. One receiver didn't fire up with the multiroom right away and I had to leave for work, but when I got home it was working perfect. No issues what-so-ever, once DirecTV had the parts.

Now that that is done, this weekend I'll get those HR24s up and running now that I have a switch to support them. :D

Jason, How hot does your SWM 16 run?

It's been on 12 hours, warm to the touch, but not burning hot or anything. Certainely warmer than the old SWM8, but to be fair there is twice the electronics and the box isn't much bigger.

How hot have you guy's HR24's been running ?

Mines running 118 and it's in an enclosed entertainment center, but has plenty of open space on the back side ....
How's the venting on these things ?

Mines running 118 and it's in an enclosed entertainment center, but has plenty of open space on the back side ....

Mine's running a solid 72 degrees in it's box in an air conditioned room :rolleyes:

112f here, been that we've had hot days over the Memorial Weekend.

115F for me

I purchased an HR24 from Newegg and activated it today. However, it did not come with B-Band Converters so DTV is sending them out to me. While waiting for them to arrive, I thought I would swap out a couple from a couple of b-band converters from my hd receivers just to start using the new dvr. The problem is that I am only receiving sd signal. What am I doing wrong? I do not have swm and have one of the w68? switches. Does the HR24 require SWM?

I purchased an HR24 from Newegg and activated it today. However, it did not come with B-Band Converters so DTV is sending them out to me. While waiting for them to arrive, I thought I would swap out a couple from a couple of b-band converters from my hd receivers just to start using the new dvr. The problem is that I am only receiving sd signal. What am I doing wrong? I do not have swm and have one of the w68? switches. Does the HR24 require SWM?

For the most part the HD is on the 99 and 103 sats that you won't see without the BBC's attached.

I did attach the bbc's that I swapped out from the other hd receivers i have in the house just to get it working.

oops, forgot to setup the satellites within the setup menu and tell it which type of equipment we had - all is working now

If you're not in a huge hurry you could wait, I'm sure more will be around.

I think they'll be around $180 though, that $150 was a great deal and didn't last long. $180 is about the lowest out there now. Newegg is $195 shipped and instock. Amazon has a reseller with it for $183 shipped right now (Walt's).

I've been reading this post for a few days. I missed out on the Overstock deal but I ordered my HR24 from Walt's today. With shipping it's $182.82. I'll get in in about a week. I have the regular Slimline (Not SWM) & I'll either pick up a BBC or hopefully find a SWM LNB cheap before it comes in. Are there any places to buy one? (either BBC or SWM LNB)

Thanks, Mrgrip

I got my BBC's by just calling DTV and they send them out free - no cost for shipping either. two day delivery

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts