Just saw a article with a C band in Plastic bucket and pipe

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Okay, So I just saw a cband in a large plastic bucket with cement and plastic pipe. I got a 10ft mesh with hh mount. Think I could do the same? I'm worried about the wind knocking it down. But I guess if the bucket is big enough. It would work. Just the hh mount is heavy. The rest of the dish, Mesh panels and what not are light as a feather.

Thanks,

Josh

USS - I don't think so.
Are talking about this dish, ?
I haven't rotated the images to see what's there.
Plus, it's not 10', either. :cool:
I can't keep a 36" Fortec upright on a bucket full of cement. - :rant:
AND, motors or H-H mounts give lots of extra off-center weight at the top...
Think: trailer. Maybe that'd work. :)

. . . and the next guy who says "plastic pipe", gets a shot with a taser. - :eek:

55 gallon drum of concrete?

And then only if its a SIX foot dish and you live in a VERY wind-less area. :D

Well it looked like a plastic pipe

Well it looked like a plastic pipe. Is that one of those small 4ft dishes?

Thanks,

Josh

i am here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1939929-post5.html

are you talking about me?

I have this new setup for about 2 days now and would not recommend it.

I am going this route because i need to move my BUD to get different Line of Sights. I also am living in this location for the short term and complete install isn't a solution. The dish is 6 feet mesh KTI and the buck is 10 gallons (180 lbs of cement). Will not work for 10 foot dish. 6 foot might be too big in the wind.

I used pvc and it bends slightly when i move the dish far to the east. The further south you live the better because the weight will be more even.

I used over 400 pounds of concrete when I put up a 1 meter dish a couple of weeks ago!!!... The hole I dug was a little bigger than I thought but I was figuring on about 3 - 80 pound bags when I dug it! :)

When I set up my 10 foot BUD, I left the old concrete on the pole and set it in the hole with a tractor and I would have to guess that it had well over 700 pounds on it. I then filled around it with another 900 pounds of concrete because we do get a lot of wind. My 10 foot is a very heavy built Winegard so I wanted to play it safe! The Winegard took 4 guys to set it up due to its weight. The pole that I used came from a very light 10 foot Unimesh which only took 2 guys to move! ;)

:eek: I would not trust a bucket for any dish unless it was a temporary setup and it was tied down somehow!!!...

Last edited:
I used 42/80 pounds bags of concrete for my home made 10.8 foot dish lol

That BUD is not going anywhere!!! :eek:

I may have a little more concrete under mine than what I can remember, but I know that I did not use that much! It is better to be safe than sorry! ;)

A couple of poles that I salvaged which were systems installed by "professionals" only had about 200 pounds of concrete on them if even that!

In the mid 80's I help my cousin install 10 footers on the weekend and I think we used about 300lbs of concrete. Never lost one in a storm. Musta been cause I was the grunt digging the hole for the post lol. Blind

This never fell over on me while I was playing with it:

attachment.php

Of course I later planted it in a huge glob of cement I hope to never need to remove.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts