Kids Place Live is not equal to Kids Stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Glad to know my wife, my 3 year old and myself are not he only ones that think Kids Place Live is horrible. We have two receivers and one of them is getting canceled once its year is up if Kids Stuff doesn't return. I will be calling Customer Service this evening to setup this cancellation.

Kids place live

Dear SiriusXM,
I have been a Sirius subscriber since Howard Stern came to Sirius. My
concern is with the format of the new children's channel Kids Place
live. Can you please return to the format of the original Kids stuff
channel. Specifically, can you please lose the DJ's. It is hard
enough to pass up Howard Stern and put on kids music instead. Parents
should not be punished further by having to listen to the DJ's. On
11/26/08, during evening drive, DJ Mindy instructed kids to sniff
under their arms to see if they stink. On 12/2/08, the morning drive
DJ, I believe his name is Kenny, was trying to do comedy routines with
one of the chipmunks. This morning, 12/4/08 he played a song called
"I don't want to go to school" The DJ's have taken the act of doing
something nice for my son, and made me want to kill myself. Life and
parenthood is too difficult to be punished for something I am paying
for. Not only am I a subscriber, I am also a stockholder. Thank you,
and other than this issue, I have been a very satisfied custo

Don't know if anyone has seen the press release on the Sirius Web site. Here is an excerpt:
New midday show inspired by SIRIUS' Kids Stuff channel, to mix pre-K themed music, storytelling and games
"Kids Stuff" to kick-off with an exclusive performance from kindie rock superstar Laurie Berkner
Kids Place Live on SIRIUS and XM Radio is nation's premier radio channel for kids 10 and under
SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today the debut of Kids Stuff, a three-hour daily show inspired by SIRIUS' Kids Stuff channel. The show, dedicated to the sandbox set, will feature a mix of pre-kindergarten themed music with old-school storytelling of classic folk and fairytales by renowned children's artists and celebrities. Kids Stuff will air Monday through Friday at 12 pm ET on Kids Place Live, SIRIUS and XM channels 116.

Kids Stuff will premiere on December 24th with an exclusive performance from renowned children's recording artist Laurie Berkner. Berkner, joined by an audience of Kids Place Live families, will perform songs from her new album Rocketship Run.
Kids Place Live, available to SIRIUS XM's more than 18.9 million subscribers, is the nation's premier radio station for kids ages 10 and under. With the addition of Kids Stuff, the channel broadens to include top-level music and entertainment content geared specifically to children ages 2 to 4.
In addition to Kids Stuff, Kids Place Live also offers a variety of daily live programming geared to kids 10 and under. Kicking-off things daily at 7 am ET is The Animal Farm, a live interactive program that blends music with an assortment of fun animal characters. The show hosted by Kenny Curtis, a 20-year veteran of children's radio, encourages kids to call-in and talk to their favorite animal characters as they follow their misadventures on The Animal Farm.
At 3 pm ET, kids can tune-in for The Absolutely Mindy Show hosted by Mindy Thomas. The four-hour show features music and interviews with celebrities and children's authors as well as fun interactive games and trivia. On The Absolutely Mindy Show kids help create the programming by calling in to help Mindy solve problems, interview guests and request their favorite songs.
As the day winds down, at 7 pm ET, children's singer-songwriter Robbie Schaefer takes over with Robbie Schaefer's Stuck in a Real Tall Tree. On the show Robbie talks to kids about their home, asks them to share stories from their field trips and whatever else they have on their minds. The show also features music from today's hottest children's artists that both parents and kids can enjoy together around the dinner table.
In addition to live daily programming, Kids Place Live also features nightly music only shows with AutomatikA a jukebox of the best kids music played without interruption, and Dreamcatchers, a menu of lullabies and softer songs that serves as a nightlight for kids and parents. Other specialty programs include The Rumpus Room Concert Series featuring live performances from today's hottest kids artists recorded at the SIRIUS XM studios, and Talespinners, which features new and classic stories told by celebrities like Robin Williams, Billy Crystal and Jennifer Aniston as well as the greatest professional story-tellers and spoken-word recording artists in North America.

Sounds as though this is the solution to our calling and e-mailing- unfortunatley 12 noon is not a timeframe my children and I listen to the radio. The morning drivetime to school around 8:30 is more the time the "sandbox set"would be listening to the radio, not lunchtime. Did tune in at 1 ET the other day and they were readion Hansel and Gretel. Not a story I want my kids to hear at this time. They are too young for this story.

I suggest that we keep calling and writing.

Happy New Year

Paying customers are allowed to complain when they lose what to them is a major part of the product. Are you saying we should not complain when the product is changed in a way we do not like?
I would not be happy if Dish or DirecTV decided not to carry Nickelodeon and only had Disney channel for my kids. In that instance, I can drop the service and switch to another carrier. In this case, we're hosed. The only option for parents of younger children now is to turn off the satellite radio and put in some prepared CD's or MP3's.

In my case, we canceled the Sirius in my wife's van and called it a day. I still listen to Sirius for Stern and NFL, and I like Sirius, but I wish they had kept the young children's programming.

You would think with 65 channels of commercial-Free music there would be room for Kids Stuff. They could get rid of 1 of the 21 rock stations. Who listens to Springsteen, The Dead, or Zeppelin 24hrs. a day. I don't understand why Kids Stuff was at 116 when all the other music stations ended at channel 89. It is like they are against family programming. They need to get rid of the person who programs Kids Place and bring back the person who programmed Kids Stuff. You would have thought that they would still have Kids Stuff and got rid of Kids Place Live. It has to be costing Sirius more money to pay for the announcers on kids place live. With Kids Stuff you did not have announcers, just good music.

I listened to Kids Stuff even though I dont have kids... hahaha I dont listen to Kids Place anymore though sooo I agree they should change it back. As well as a number of other stations. Just keep complaining because I read somewhere complaints were dying down.

I have to agree - I can't stand the new kids place. They tell boring stories that don't interest my toddlers and then there is "talk radio" what happened to all the great songs my kids used to dance around to?
- very disappointed!

Hi! I'm Mimitchi33, and I love Kids Place Live!
But I have a few things to say:
1. Innapropiate music. How is "Under My Rock" good children's music at 12:05PM on the "Kids Stuff" block on Kid's Place Live? This line is innapropiate: "Stand back, I'm taking my shorts off!"It's the same thing with "The Clapping Song". "3, 6, 9,The goose drank wine,The monkey chew tobacco on the streetcar line." Why is it appropiate to play "The clapping song?" These two things are like that "Sugar,Sugar" thing, where someone said that it was innaproppiate.
2. Rude humor. What's up with the innapropiate junk on Kid's Place Live? "Clapping Song","Sugar,Sugar" "Be Careful What You Eat (I love that song)" "I've Got A Butt (I also love that song) "I don't wanna go to school" and "I'm Late For School Again". These songs are not appropiate for children to hear! Kids can't repeat anything they hear that's innapropiate. Suppose a kid's listening to "I've Got A Butt". They will then say the word "butt" in a conversation and then get sent to the principal's office.
3. Commercials. Kids don't know what these are and will ask their parents to change it to either a CD or tell their parents to shut off the radio. The ad they play most is for Tassimio by Boch.
Those are the three things I think Kid's Place Live should get rid of.

Just wanted to add to the frustration with the Kids Place Live crappy station. I canceled my wife's radio because she can no longer listen to a decent kids station in the car with my daughter. I am keeping mine, but I listen to Howard Stern 99% of the time anyway. 1% of my listening time, when my daughter rides with me, we listen to "daddy's music" because Kids Place Live sucks.

Kids Place Live also had things that young children can't understand, like when Dirk The Chipmunk (my favorite Animal farm character) was talking about an Abba marathon on XM. Most little kids don't know about Abba! Plus,The Clapping song played on Sunday,March 1,2009! What's up with the rude humor? Also, two artists has an innaproppiate names-The Naked Brothers Band and Barenaked Ladies. Plus, "I've Got A Butt" might be on the 13 Under 13 (countdown of top 13 songs played each week on Kid's Place Live).
It's a good thing that they removed "Be Careful What You Eat" (I love that song) because it told youngsters to eat junk food, and there were a lot of complaints about the song.
The commercials got removed as well, plus the block "Kids Stuff" plays songs that aren't for little kids (birth-3) like songs from Spongebob (I hate that show) and "I've Got A Butt".
On
11/26/08, DJ Mindy instructed kids to sniff
under their arms to see if they stink.
LOL! That's very funny!

Kids Place is not for toddlers anymore

Kids Place Live does not have the type of music for toddlers and small children as it once had. My other grandchildren loved your channel whenever they were small. However, my toddler and small children do not want to listen. It just doesn't keep their attention. It seems geared to more of the ages of 9-12. We sure do miss the old channel.
Candy

Well, BGMOM hasn't been on this website since November, 2008. I seriously doubt that you'll get an answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)