Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

I wouldn't consider that a heavy dish at all. If it's easy to work with, not totally rusted up and you have a easy place to install it, it will do until something else comes along. The only advantage to that dish was the shipping costs. It fits a small package compared to quad panel or other segmented panel dishes.

That might be an old Echostar BUD.
Possibly 8 feet across?
if you aren't going to plant the pole properly, you will need to come up with a NPRM.
(non penetrating roof mount)
you can find info here by searching for that term.
and if you keep the dish low to the ground, it'll be fine. :)

Thanks.

Yes, it will be close to the ground. I was thinking about a NPRM or possibly repeating what I have on ku, which is a tripod bolted down to some concrete blocks, but probably the NPRM gives a larger base area for the bigger dish.

I'm just unsure whether I have the space for 8-ft, what with the landlady living at close quarters. She was amused by the 1m ku dish, and I'm thinking perhaps a 6 footer is the next step to ease her into things :)

I really want to get NASA TV and DVIDS (91w) for work, but other C-band stuff would be nice too.

I heard back from the seller - it's a 10 footer.

I think I need to ease the land lady into C-band a little slower. On the other hand, if I got a 10 footer then a 12 footer wouldn't seem so large ;)

If it is going in the garden just paint it to look like a big sunflower. Tell the landlady that the little sunflower has grown up a bit. If she still is in doubt then say you are having communications with ET's home planet and offer to share the great cook book that ET is sending down to you soon. Or you could just rent for her that nice movie where a big old sat dish keep putting people into TV land and hint it could be her turn to go to TV land next if she bothers you any further.

$150 - folding BUD - Stockton, CA

Relisted. Brian, did you check this out?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/3987203999.html

00g0g_fToEofhYYSg_600x450.jpg

$100 - Orbitron 10' New in Box - Billerica, MA

I might have to go for a drive... Not sure where I'd put it until I have a yard to plant it though. Worth holding onto for a year or two (minus receiver)?

00y0y_8hHjRcUdVFQ_600x450.jpg

Last edited: