Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Free - Buttonhooker - Bethlehem, PA

http://allentown.craigslist.org/zip/4015295508.html

00V0V_kIrzu4fNKn5_600x450.jpg

Thanks to all, but especially toucan-man. I was able to pick up the 7 foot BUD from San Jose just now.

It dates from 1995, but the lack of rain in this part of the world means the dish was in really nice condition. All but a couple of the bolts came undone without two much effort. A couple had rusted and snapped off when I tried to untighten them. The seller still had it hooked up and showed me it moving - completely smooth and silent.

I couldn't take the pole but might go back with an electric saw to chop it off or just find one of my own. And thankfully, San Jose is probably close enough that the system won't need too much fine tuning once I get it on a pole and pointed in the right direction.

I think my first move will be to clean it up, possibly repaint it and then get it installed.

Thanks again guys! I look forward to participating in the C-band section soon.

Thanks to all, but especially toucan-man. I was able to pick up the 7 foot BUD from San Jose just now.

It dates from 1995, but the lack of rain in this part of the world means the dish was in really nice condition.

I think my first move will be to clean it up, possibly repaint it and then get it installed.

Thanks again guys! I look forward to participating in the C-band section soon.
Open your own thread here in C band, and show us some pictures.
A BUD that moves quietly for $50 is a heck of a fine starter system. :up

OK, I will chart my adventures in a new thread.

I was surprised by the movement - completely smooth and silent - and taking it apart was a dream. Everything was so well engineered. It made me realize what junk most of the ku band stuff I have been buying is!

OK, I will chart my adventures in a new thread.

I was surprised by the movement - completely smooth and silent - and taking it apart was a dream. Everything was so well engineered. It made me realize what junk most of the ku band stuff I have been buying is!

I'll bet you when you actually measure it, it's 7'-6" diameter. I have two. They are great.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!