Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

The Alburnet dish is like the white dish in my Avita picture. 11.5 foot and 8 fiberglass pannels. Heavy. The 6 inch concret filled 7.5 foot pole was heavy but just a one day job to take apart including pulling up the 6 inch post. The Thomas Saginaw ball screw arm is in great, tight, and working condition. Per the cememt base marking the dish was installed in 8-84. With cleaning and painting it will return to service in like new condition. A bargin at free for the haulling! Thanks--and sorry they only had the one to give away.

Attachments

• IMG_3645001.jpg
    IMG_3645001.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 153
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Yah, but where else you gonna find a complete 10' c-band starter kit (new) for $200? the venture actuator and astrotel feed are worth that, "but wait, there's more!"..LOL
[/FONT]

No mileage nor corossion on the actuator is good. (very good!)
Not having to remove an operating dish is better.
$200 is at the upper edge I'd pay for a top of the line dish on an H-H mount.
(or with an ortho)

For guys willing to spend $400-600 for a new dish, I suppose it sounds like a bargain.
For the rest of us, it'd have to be verified as a super-desirable dish.
It isn't on MY short list, but is it mid-line? I don't know.

Let's say it's an average dish,
with a new motor,
and no removal work to do.
Yea, I'd give it one thumb up. :) :up

Looks familiar. Think it's been listed before.
See link for additional pictures.
Could be 4' or 6', hard to tell.

Yes, I think it might be an uplink device...or it has an LNBF with lots of outputs. :)

Judging by those 1foot blocks in the background, she looks like a 6footer

No.
Typically need 3", schedule 40 pipe....which is about 3.5" OD.
That's why I always suggest recovering the pipe with the dish.

Some people find used drill pipe (reasonable), or have a real pipe store (expensive), locally.
Junk , scrap metal yards, and recyclers may have pipe for a good price. (cheap)
But it's always gonna cost something, and the pipe holding the dish is free.

One of my dishes came with 9' of pipe, showing a nice patina from 25 years in the California weather.
Smart thing would be to only file off sharp edges where I cut it, and rust-proof it there.
The pipe is not deteriorating, and I would expect 50 more years of service without painting.

But painting the mount, and pole does make sense.
(all my BUDs are aluminum) ;)
Rust Destroyer @ Home Depot isn't expensive, was recommended to me by a guy with 40 years experience, and seems to work well.
That's the primer: two coats.
Just brush off loose rust, and prime.
I use a wire cup or wheel in a drill.
For a top coat, I've used Hammerite (!), and some Rust-O-leum products, with good success.

It got dark

Testing the new Titanium C138 Performance Plus C Band LNBF