OTHER Ku band dish recommandations

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
I was looking into purchasing a new Ku band dish. I would like a 120cm dish with a HH motor.
Iam located in Kentucky would a 90cm give me good coverage and a strong signal.
Any suggestions.

Reactions: spongella
Really wanting to be able to hit as many satellites as i can. Iam in Western Kentucky.

Stab is an italian manufacturer that pretty much defined the whole small DiSEqC-controlled H2H rotor business back in the last days of analog TV in Europe.
Their rotors are good, maybe a littel slow I am told, but also has a price-tag.
You can get cheaper versions (taiwan built re-badged with European and US brands) that does the same thing, but your mileage will vary.

Don't know the GeoSat Pro - but I do know the Gibertini OPL125 (=120 cm) dish.
Works very well, and is easy to work with.
Incidentally another italian brand, but well built and avaiable in Alu to make for a lighter reflector - less wear on your motor.

Not sure if available in the US, but alternative 120cm plastic/fibreglass dishes are avaiable from Laminas (Poland) and Cahors (France). Very good performance here.
Especially the Laminas will fit on a H2H rotor - the Cahors is better with a polar mount.

You can of course also search the web for a used Channel Master 120 (or a Prodelin, but they are rarer, and usually older) - american made and good performance. But they don't match well with a H2H rotor - they usually work better with a polar mount + V-box etc. Much more complex setup.
(You can also buy a new CM/PD120 - but the pro dishes, with pro prices...)

If the freight is included at $299.00. is ok. Usually they sell near that that price including freigh. t.he freight is as much as the dish.

The STAB motors are bulletproof. I used a HH120 back in the early 2000s on a daily basis. I took it down, and it sat in the weeds attached to a dish for 10+ years out in the elements.
I recently cleaned it up and remounted it. Still works like a charm.
Highly recommended.

Reactions: spongella

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts