OTHER Ku band dish recommandations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
I was looking into purchasing a new Ku band dish. I would like a 120cm dish with a HH motor.
Iam located in Kentucky would a 90cm give me good coverage and a strong signal.
Any suggestions.

Reactions: spongella
Really wanting to be able to hit as many satellites as i can. Iam in Western Kentucky.

Stab is an italian manufacturer that pretty much defined the whole small DiSEqC-controlled H2H rotor business back in the last days of analog TV in Europe.
Their rotors are good, maybe a littel slow I am told, but also has a price-tag.
You can get cheaper versions (taiwan built re-badged with European and US brands) that does the same thing, but your mileage will vary.

Don't know the GeoSat Pro - but I do know the Gibertini OPL125 (=120 cm) dish.
Works very well, and is easy to work with.
Incidentally another italian brand, but well built and avaiable in Alu to make for a lighter reflector - less wear on your motor.

Not sure if available in the US, but alternative 120cm plastic/fibreglass dishes are avaiable from Laminas (Poland) and Cahors (France). Very good performance here.
Especially the Laminas will fit on a H2H rotor - the Cahors is better with a polar mount.

You can of course also search the web for a used Channel Master 120 (or a Prodelin, but they are rarer, and usually older) - american made and good performance. But they don't match well with a H2H rotor - they usually work better with a polar mount + V-box etc. Much more complex setup.
(You can also buy a new CM/PD120 - but the pro dishes, with pro prices...)

If the freight is included at $299.00. is ok. Usually they sell near that that price including freigh. t.he freight is as much as the dish.

The STAB motors are bulletproof. I used a HH120 back in the early 2000s on a daily basis. I took it down, and it sat in the weeds attached to a dish for 10+ years out in the elements.
I recently cleaned it up and remounted it. Still works like a charm.
Highly recommended.

Reactions: spongella

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)