Kuqi-Corpus Christi-OTA

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I have a problem. Local Fox station just went HD. Since Dish does not carry it in HD yet I am using OTA to get it. The problem is When I add it to the guide it shows the correct call letter but wrong guide info(spanish programming). How can I get this corrected. Until Dish gets HD feed, The OTA method is my only option, but recording shows gets troublesome. Any help would be great. I did call Dish(technical support) and reported it, just not sure if that is my only option.

It's nice to see KUQI go HD finally. I'm sure it beats the old Fox 47 low power station we used to have before KUQI.

As for the problem as I understand, dish gets the guide info from a 3rd party who needs to update their guide info. I'd like to hope it only takes a few days update their tables.

In the mean time you may try turning off the receiver, unplugging it and then after 15 secs or so plugging it back in. That would force the receiver to download the latest program guide andn purge the old data. I believe this happens every day or so, but I'm not sure if data already received is updated immediately for such a change.

Miner

Thanks, Still waiting for update. I have done a reset which did not help yet. I will give them a week to update before calling to follow up.

Dish pairs the guide data with the PSIP info from the station to show correct programming. Somewhere along the way someone has put the wrong info in the data stream.

I'd start with the station and have them work with Dish to fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)