Lakers get Pau Gasol

Good trade for the Lakers. They get Pau Gasol from the Grizzlies for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittendon and some draft picks. Happy to see Kwame get outta Dodge!
The AP report detailed what you have posted. It is also well known that Lakers fans dislike Kwame Brown. Yes, they are happy Mr. Brown is "outta" Dodge for good...
Your thread is noted...
Thank you

Let's be realistic the Lakers literally stole Gasol from Memphis. It's a good thing they got a great player in Gasol. Let's NOT forget that the Lakers gave-up two very good players to get Kwame Brown who has been a huge disappointment-an understatement.
The bigger picture of this trade is as follows. In the first place the Lakers get a proven scorer. Secondly they get a player who can play center until Bynum gets back. When Bynum gets back Gasol moves to his natural power forward position allowing Bynum back at center. Phil Jackson said now we have "twin towers". Wait things get better yet with Odom a good ball handler moving to small forward. Trevor Ariza will either start or come from the bench to play small forward as well. Finally Kobe gets the players and help he has been wanting all along. Needless to say this Laker team dramatically becomes a serious contender with this make-up.

Last edited:
After all of Kobe's crying, i think it would be funny as hell to trade Kobe now. Give him the supporting cast he's been crying for, and then trade him to a cellar dweller. :D

This was definetly a steal for the Lakers. Now I hope they can mesh and get to the Finals.

I agree Ramy. It's unbelievable that they could pull off this deal. I think it had more to do with the fact that the Grizzlies were having a fire sale and have written off the season. Just getting rid of Kwame Brown made me ecstatic. I still have to think that Jerry West made this deal happen. Who knows? Regardless, once Andrew Bynum gets back in the lineup, the Lakers will have twin towers, two 7 footers in the starting lineup! I can't wait.

This was definetly a steal for the Lakers. Now I hope they can mesh and get to the Finals.

Not a Laker fan, been Sacramento Kings fan/ also Spurs...
Kings been doing really S**** in the last few years, and we are doing absolutely horrible this year...
It sucks that we lost Peja Stojakovic, Hedo Turkoglu, Bobby Jackson, Chris Webber, and Vladi Divac, pretty much our whole team was traded....
Poor Mike Bibby was left alone, and now he is out pretty much for the whole season.
The kings will take few more years until they can back to the top ranks...
Ron Artest, Brad Miller, and Kevin Martin can't do anything with this team...

I agree Ramy. It's unbelievable that they could pull off this deal. I think it had more to do with the fact that the Grizzlies were having a fire sale and have written off the season. Just getting rid of Kwame Brown made me ecstatic. I still have to think that Jerry West made this deal happen. Who knows? Regardless, once Andrew Bynum gets back in the lineup, the Lakers will have twin towers, two 7 footers in the starting lineup! I can't wait.
Please check dailynews.com/sports
and learn all the details that made this deal possible. Please quit repeating everything I have already posted. Did you read my thread #3?
Thank you

Last edited:
This trade is good deal for both teams. I believe you are right ,Sidekick, in that Memphis has written off this season. The key to this deal for Memphis, are the two first round picks. They weren't going anywhere this season, so why not build for the future. For the Laker's, this might be what they needed to push them over the top, like Rasheed Wallace did for the Pistons in 2004. I wonder if the Laker's are still considering Jason Kidd?

Neutro ... you seem to assume that I pay attention to anything you post. Your assumption would be incorrect. So you don't make that mistake again, please note that I have placed you on ignore. Thank you.

Please check dailynews.com/sports
and learn all the details that made this deal possible. Please quit repeating everything I have already posted. Did you read my thread #3?
Thank you

I hope not. I think the Lakers are doing fine with the leadership skills of Derek Fisher (my favorite Laker) and the spark of Jordan Farmar. Kidd is too expensive and 35 years old. If they got him I think it would only destroy the chemistry much like what happened when the Lakers got Gary Payton.

This trade is good deal for both teams. I believe you are right ,Sidekick, in that Memphis has written off this season. The key to this deal for Memphis, are the two first round picks. They weren't going anywhere this season, so why not build for the future. For the Laker's, this might be what they needed to push them over the top, like Rasheed Wallace did for the Pistons in 2004. I wonder if the Laker's are still considering Jason Kidd?

I hope not. I think the Lakers are doing fine with the leadership skills of Derek Fisher (my favorite Laker) and the spark of Jordan Farmar. Kidd is too expensive and 35 years old. If they got him I think it would only destroy the chemistry much like what happened when the Lakers got Gary Payton.

WOW...talk about being in a sports cave these last few days...I did NOT know that the Lakers pulled this off. With no one really establishing a foot hold of being the dominant team in the WEST, this really opens things up. Now it will be a matter of WHO is the hottest going into the playoffs. I dislike Koby will all my heart because TO ME, he never was or will be a team player....but I DO like Fisher, Odom and Coach Jackson.....

Rumors about Denver trading for Ron Artest, are gathering steam. That wouldn't push them into title contention, but I wouldn't like to play them in the first round. (Remember Golden State?). They'll have to hire a private security force in Denver just to keep those guys safe from themselves. Nightclubbing, anybody?

Rumors about Denver trading for Ron Artest, are gathering steam. That wouldn't push them into title contention, but I wouldn't like to play them in the first round. (Remember Golden State?). They'll have to hire a private security force in Denver just to keep those guys safe from themselves. Nightclubbing, anybody?

But the WEST is wide open....it is not dominated by two teams like the East. ANY SEED 1 through 5 can possibly win the WEST now.

This could be the best playoff season in a long while, especially in the West. As for the East, I never thought Cleveland would have beat my Pistons last season, but we know how that worked out. After watching the Super Bowl yesterday, I wouldn't go as far as to say that a Boston/ Detroit final is etched in cement.

This could be the best playoff season in a long while, especially in the West. As for the East, I never thought Cleveland would have beat my Pistons last season, but we know how that worked out. After watching the Super Bowl yesterday, I wouldn't go as far as to say that a Boston/ Detroit final is etched in cement.

There you go....counting chickens before they are hatched! LMAO!!
You know full well that ALL teams are only ONE serious injury away to a starter/star player from NOT making the playoffs. IF the Celtics were to lose one of the BIG 3....they MAY not make the playoffs.....Just like the if the Pistons miss one of the BIG 3....

Lakers vs Celtics in the Finals a rivalry renewed. This is going to be the best thing for the NBA. David Stern is smiling right now

Fisher has been my favorite Laker for some time now. He's a class act!!! I'm not quite so ecstatic about Jackson though. His game management skills have certain eroded over the last few years.

WOW...talk about being in a sports cave these last few days...I did NOT know that the Lakers pulled this off. With no one really establishing a foot hold of being the dominant team in the WEST, this really opens things up. Now it will be a matter of WHO is the hottest going into the playoffs. I dislike Koby will all my heart because TO ME, he never was or will be a team player....but I DO like Fisher, Odom and Coach Jackson.....