Lakers get Pau Gasol

There you go....counting chickens before they are hatched! LMAO!!
You know full well that ALL teams are only ONE serious injury away to a starter/star player from NOT making the playoffs. IF the Celtics were to lose one of the BIG 3....they MAY not make the playoffs.....Just like the if the Pistons miss one of the BIG 3....

Salsa, I think you may have misread what I said. I was saying I WOULDN'T go as far.... By the way, which of the Pistons starting 5, would the BIG 3?

Salsa, I think you may have misread what I said. I was saying I WOULDN'T go as far.... By the way, which of the Pistons starting 5, would the BIG 3?

You loose, either Rasheed, Billups or Hamilton for and extended amount of time...say about 25-30....and might make the playoff....but they will not go very far. Prince is a very good player, but to me, I don't think he does not impact the team no where near as much as those three.

Losing Rasheed would be tough. Losing Prince would also hurt, since Jarvis Hayes is his replacement. We did lose Hamilton for a stretch earlier in the season, and Afflalo filled in very well. Now that Stuckey is healthy, the sting of losing Billups could be survived. All bets are off if one of them go down in the playoffs, though. Nobody wins a championship with one of their starting five down. It's hard enough to do, even when you're healthy. We could lose one, and still make the playoffs, IMO.

Losing Rasheed would be tough. Losing Prince would also hurt, since Jarvis Hayes is his replacement. We did lose Hamilton for a stretch earlier in the season, and Afflalo filled in very well. Now that Stuckey is healthy, the sting of losing Billups could be survived. All bets are off if one of them go down in the playoffs, though. Nobody wins a championship with one of their starting five down. It's hard enough to do, even when you're healthy. We could lose one, and still make the playoffs, IMO.

But remember, the Pistons, for as good as their starting 5 is..they rely heavily on the bench...by losing a starter for say, 25-30 games, you are now weakening BOTH your starting team AND your bench because you have ONE LESS person you can use.

OR, maybe, somebody gets much- needed experience, that helps you in the playoffs, thus strengthening your bench then. The Pistons biggest problem right now is finding minutes for their bench. This is a very deep bench, and there are only 48 minutes in a game. At guard, we have Stuckey, Afflalo, and Lindsay Hunter. At the 4 and 5 spots, we have Maxiell, Amir Johnson, Hermann, (and some other guy who's name escapes me), all fighting for minutes. Behind Prince, we have Jarvis Hayes. And then there is Flip Murray, who doesn't even get to dress most nights. The beauty of it all, is that all of these guys can flat out play the game.
By the way, most nights we're playing 10 deep, usually with a minimum of 7-8 minutes, per bench player. Trust me, plenty of bench.

But remember, the Pistons, for as good as their starting 5 is..they rely heavily on the bench...by losing a starter for say, 25-30 games, you are now weakening BOTH your starting team AND your bench because you have ONE LESS person you can use.
DUH? Wow is this the NEW Einstenian theory?:rolleyes:

WOW...talk about being in a sports cave these last few days...I did NOT know that the Lakers pulled this off. With no one really establishing a foot hold of being the dominant team in the WEST, this really opens things up. Now it will be a matter of WHO is the hottest going into the playoffs. I dislike Koby will all my heart because TO ME, he never was or will be a team player....but I DO like Fisher, Odom and Coach Jackson.....
Didn't the Lakers win three NBAC trophies with Kobe?:rolleyes:

You CONVENIENTLY isolated KOBE-your modus operandi...

Nope...I didn't ISOLATE Kobe at all. He is the best INDIVIDUAL player in the game....but an arrogant, selfish player that has never thought "team first, me second"....

That is why he will NEVER, EVER be "Like Mike"....he is not even in the same neighborhood....

Nope...I didn't ISOLATE Kobe at all. He is the best INDIVIDUAL player in the game....but an arrogant, selfish player that has never thought "team first, me second"....

That is why he will NEVER, EVER be "Like Mike"....he is not even in the same neighborhood....

Have you been listening to Mecury Morris again? :D

Hey, if you don't like what I have to say...put me on 'ignore'....do yourself a favor and spare yourself 'aggrevation' of seeing my posts.....come on...

...I dare ya!!:D
Courageous women usually say: "I dare you".;) WHY should I dare to miss your [AGGRAVATIONS]? Did you mean your worse or worst?:D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)