Last Man Standing

A lot of conservative web sites are pushing the idea that Allen's politics were the issue but that begs the question of how it got picked up to begin with and then got 5 renewals. The show has always made fun of the left and the right. In fact while I do not always agree with Allen I admire how fair the scripts have been.

It is kind of like When Kelsey Grammer said he was unlikely to win a sixth emmy as best actor because of his political views. How many actors win 5 regardless of ideology.

I heard that they cancelled it partly due to Tim Allen's political views.
I doubt that. The only thing they care about is money. If the show was making lots for ABC, then it would be renewed. But since they get nothing from syndication, they're unwilling to pay higher rights fees for it.

I always thought the conservative view point was being played up for the joke factor like they used to do on All in the Family ,but with out any real serious meaning about it. Like when he used to blame Obama for all his problems : the refrigerator light is out , Damn Obama! It was playing up the absurd comedy of it. I thought it was funny.

Reactions: madmadworld
‘Last Man Standing’ Eyes Resurrection At Fox With Star Tim Allen Set to Return

A year after Last Man Standing was canceled by ABC, the multi-camera comedy starring Tim Allen is plotting a comeback on a new network. Last Man Standing producer 20th Century Fox TV is in talks with sibling Fox Broadcasting Co. for a new season of the series, which would be its seventh.

I hear star and executive producer Allen has closed a deal to return. 20th TV is currently in conversations with other cast members as well as members of the series’ creative team, including producers, to come back

Reactions: MikeD-C05

A year after Last Man Standing was canceled by ABC, the multi-camera comedy starring Tim Allen is plotting a comeback on a new network. Last Man Standing producer 20th Century Fox TV is in talks with sibling Fox Broadcasting Co. for a new season of the series, which would be its seventh.

I hear star and executive producer Allen has closed a deal to return. 20th TV is currently in conversations with other cast members as well as members of the series’ creative team, including producers, to come back
Would make sense that if it came back it would be on Fox, since Fox owns the show and thus would be the one to make money on it's syndication (more episodes, more money).

Would make sense that if it came back it would be on Fox, since Fox owns the show and thus would be the one to make money on it's syndication (more episodes, more money).

Been a while since I've looked at the deal, but isn't 20th Century Fox TV studio's and production, part of the deal for Disney to acquire.
It would be crazy for Fox network to pick it up and then ABC end up with the ownership, which was one of the reasons ABC dropped it, as they didn't own the show

I always liked this show. I do not agree with Allen's politics all the time but the show manages to make fun of all sides and is more about comedy than politics.

Right now the only Fox comedy watch is LA to Vegas. this would likely kill any chances that show has for renewal but I still consider this to be good news.

Been a while since I've looked at the deal, but isn't 20th Century Fox TV studio's and production, part of the deal for Disney to acquire.
I'm not sure what all is involved in that deal, it's it's the movie arm, both tv & movie, etc... Or if the Fed's will even allow it.

I have no answer on whether the feds will allow it or force changes but the plan was for the production arms (the studios) to transfer along with some cable properties but for Fox Broadcasting, Fox News , Fox Business and a few other cable properties to be part of the "New Fox" whatever it might wind up being called.

Last I saw, all were confirmed except for the 2 youngest daughters. Hector Elizondo signed but LMS is in second place to a show he was supposed to do for NBC, but I don't know if that one was picked up or not

The Norman Lear produced show he was going to be on did nto get picked up. So it looks like he will be back.

Reactions: osu1991
‘Last Man Standing’ Recasting Two Roles Ahead Of Season 7 On Fox

‘Last Man Standing’ Recasting Two Roles Ahead Of Season 7 On Fox

Last Man Standing will be without two of its original cast members for its upcoming revival on Fox. Molly Ephraim and Flynn Morrison, who played Mandy and Boyd Baxter — the daughter and grandson, respectively, of Tim Allen’s Mike Baxter — in the original series on ABC, have opted not to return for Season 7. Both roles are in the process of being recast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)