Last Man Standing

‘Last Man Standing’ Recasting Two Roles Ahead Of Season 7 On Fox

‘Last Man Standing’ Recasting Two Roles Ahead Of Season 7 On Fox

Last Man Standing will be without two of its original cast members for its upcoming revival on Fox. Molly Ephraim and Flynn Morrison, who played Mandy and Boyd Baxter — the daughter and grandson, respectively, of Tim Allen’s Mike Baxter — in the original series on ABC, have opted not to return for Season 7. Both roles are in the process of being recast
This will be the 3rd Boyd then. They recast him and the oldest daughter after the first season.

They should just bring back the original Kirsten to play Mandy, since they looked a lot alike. :D

It will be tough to replace Mandy this far into the series IMO.
Boyd not so much.

I love this show but hate to see that they are recasting. Shows that recast just aren’t the same. Look at That 70s Show with the Laurie character.

You can’t write off the Mandy character without doing something about the Kyle character.

‘Last Man Standing’: Molly McCook & Jet Jurgensmeyer Land Recast Roles In Fox Revival

‘Last Man Standing’: Molly McCook & Jet Jurgensmeyer Land Recast Roles In Fox Revival

After a lengthy search, the upcoming revival of Last Man Standing has found actors to play two key roles that have been recast. Molly McCook (Good Trouble) will play the middle daughter Mandy, and Jet Jurgensmeyer (Will & Grace) will play the grandson Boyd, respectively, of Tim Allen’s Mike Baxter in the upcoming series on Fox.

After a lengthy search, the upcoming revival of Last Man Standing has found actors to play two key roles that have been recast. Molly McCook (Good Trouble) will play the middle daughter Mandy, and Jet Jurgensmeyer (Will & Grace) will play the grandson Boyd, respectively, of Tim Allen’s Mike Baxter in the upcoming series on Fox.
Mandy's going blonde...

Doesn't seem like a good fit. Better off just getting the original Kristin to do the part. Better off in just writing Mandy off in a way that keeps Kyle around.

As for the new boy, looks close enough, so should work. Helps that the kid was never a major focus of the show.

Last Man Standing's Mandy Recast: Molly McCook Replaces Molly Ephraim

Also reported they'll be jumping Boyd's age up to 12.
Regarding the Boyd switcherro, EP Kevin Abbott explained, “We’re going to have a new actor [playing the role] because we want to age up the character. We’re bringing him back at the age of 12, so we can do some fun storylines about a young man on the cusp of becoming a man.”

Watched first new episode, meh... Something was missing though I can't put my finger on it.

I hope that now that they got all the "we've moved" jokes out of the way, that they can bring back whatever it is that I found missing.

I liked it and it dealt with what we,as a country have all been experiencing over the last election. The older sister got really fat and the Mandy replacement looked nothing like the original. She was taller and not as attractive and even acted dumber. But I will adapt to her because what other choice do I have? Wonder what the original is up to that she couldn't come back to the show?

It was okay. The "we've moved" stuff was good the first couple times but did seem flat afterwards.

The new Boyd is okay, didn't see that would be a big deal.
Don't care for the new Mandy though.

Reactions: teachsac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)