Last Movie Streamed

Clearing my Showtime backlog before letting my subscription lapse:

21 Bridges — One of Chadwick Boseman's last moves :(
On the Basis of Sex — Story of how a young RBG helped take down sex discrimination laws in this country
The Gentleman — A Guy Ritchie action-comedy with great ensemble cast

Next up:

Last: The Santa Clause

Watched it on Disney+. Last year they had just launched and were having trouble with their HDR tags. It didn't look any different than the BD. This year the HDR/DV is working correctly. While not reference HDR material, It looked much better.

S~

Reactions: Jimbo and TheKrell
+1 in Dolby Vision and Atmos on my 2020 Roku Ultra
Show off.
Hall Of Fame Game GIF
:)

I was finally able to watch “Onward” which was in theaters just as the shelter in-place orders were implemented. I played enough D&D in my teens to enjoy the references. ;)

And as a younger brother and a father, the movie was touching in all the right places.

Reactions: TheKrell
Midnight Sky on Netflix, we enjoyed
Really? I found “Midnight Sky” pretty depressing. And pretty dubious science-wise. But, Clooney did sell me on being a dying man trying to save the rest of Humanity from certain death. I never really understood what the big calamity was that was killing everything, only that it took time to spread to the poles.

"Get On Up" from the HBO Max Last Chance section. Glad I caught it before it left. Amazing performance by Chadwick Boseman as James Brown. Great music too, of course.

Reactions: Foxbat