Last & Next Movie Watched

Just finished True Blood Season 1. Pretty good AQ and PQ, except for a tad bit of grain at times. season started off a little corny, but got better. I hear season 2 is not so good, but season 3 is supposed to be very good.

Just finished True Blood Season 1. Pretty good AQ and PQ, except for a tad bit of grain at times. season started off a little corny, but got better. I hear season 2 is not so good, but season 3 is supposed to be very good.
Just transferred the entire series from 1 EHDD to another, need to get to watching... ;)
Next: see what's at Hastings... or watch the Ocean's trilogy on Red...

Watched Dr. Zhivago last night.

Man did they do a great job with the image quality. Very nice, near perfect PQ.

Sound wasn't state of the art but at least it was clean simulated stereo although Dolby Digital 5.1 was claimed, surround and SW were practically non-existent. Movie is 200 minutes long.

Last: The Runaways
PQ is OK, it’s filmed to give that 70’s feel, and it was done on 16mm, so don’t expect a lot here. It works though. I thought the AQ was great, the music really jammed, and my sub got a workout a few times. I really enjoyed the movie, it was a bit weird at times, but these young girls partied like rock stars, all at the age of 16.

Next: Hot Tub Time Machine

Last: The Runaways

Wow. What a great movie. I remember them and when Joan went out on her own. I had totally forgotten that Lita Ford was in the band.

Next: Prince of Persia

Hope it's as good as the books. I read it with the girls.

S~

Saw Robin Hood last night. Good BD PQ and sound! Enjoyed the story too.

Saw The Experiment. Good movie but was disappointed the ending left several unanswered questions.

Finally saw War of the Worlds Tom Cruise version. Blockbuster never got this so had to wait and see with Netflix. Enjoyed the movie, again, with new actors.

Last: Extraordinary measures... Seemed rush storywise, acting just didn't do it for me, I dunno.
Kick-Ass: I really enjoyed it. Also, Flash Gordon US release: Better PQ than UK release, just a fav movie of mine, so much fun plus the Queen soundtrack is great.

Last: Star Trek: Nemisis

I still like this film. The PQ was good, a bit fuzzy in long shots (like down the length of a table), AQ was stellar and the battle scenes were very active around the room. I miss the TNG cast. I haven't watched this movie in several years and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Next: Book of Eli

Just started the BD release of the Starz Spartacus series. This is 13 1 hour episodes w/o commercials. Good PQ and nice plot / story line.
WARNING: This is Hard R rating so it may not be suitable for all viewers. Hard R contains frontal male and female nudity, sexual intercourse, orgies, and homosexual activity, lots of graphic violence, brutality, and graphic sexual language.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts