Last & Next Movie Watched

I picked up Troy last weekend and just picked up a copy of I Am Legend.
I was going to get Transformers and it had a $10/off coupon, of course wrapped inside, for current dvd owners. Has anyone used this coupon (mail in) w/o owning a DVD copy?
Indy 4…..what a ficken lame movie the first 30mins are great then goes down hill, The whole space alien theme just killed it. I prefer 3,1,2,4 in that order for the Indy line.
Looking at renting Iron Man, have my doubts its good….

I actually enjoyed Indy4 much better in my HT than at the movies. If you don't take any of it seriously, and realize how stinking old everyone is getting, its not bad. My kid loved it. And even paid for half of the BD when we bought it. (Little does he know, I would have bought it for him anyways, but its good for him to use his allowance ;) )

If Iron Man is something like Xmen then it should be great...

Anyone purchase Transformers and use the $10 off coupon that didn't own the SD DVD version prior. It says on the package for previous owners details inside, well the store wouldnt let me open it to find out if I needed to include any details or proof of ownership of the SD version......anyone?

Last: The Incredible Hulk
Very enjoyable and much better than the last one

Next: Iron Man
I can't wait to see this...I've been lucky enough to be able to keep
my head in the sand on this one, so I won't be spoiled

I can't rate all of the Indy movies, because I haven't seen 4 yet. But, I loathed Part 2. Kate Capshaw's screaming just drove me up the wall.

Next: Zombie Strippers

Should be in the mail today from BB Online.

Watched Zombie Strippers last night.

A cheesy B-movie with some political satire. Almost the entire movie takes place in the strip club and there are some cool zombie kill scenes. And yes, Jenna is still hot! :eek: :D

...I can't rate all of the Indy movies, because I haven't seen 4 yet. But, I loathed Part 2. Kate Capshaw's screaming just drove me up the wall.
Yep - Exactly why I rated it as I did..........2

Last: Loaded PotC DMC last evening...and promptly fell asleep before hitting play.

So...Next: PotC DMC...

Neither of my teams is playing on Sat. or Sun. so maybe I'll knock a few off...

Have a great "blue" weekend all...!

Last: Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D

Well, it was weak. Colors in the outdoor scenes and at the beginning in the lab were off. 3D effects were nothing new. And another Warner New Release without lossless audio.

S~

Last edited:
Watched Zombie Strippers last night.

A cheesy B-movie with some political satire. Almost the entire movie takes place in the strip club and there are some cool zombie kill scenes. And yes, Jenna is still hot! :eek: :D

That's about all I expected. sounds like a fun movie.

My copy of Baraka finally arrived in the mail from Amazon.com yesterday.

Simply put, Baraka has absolutely the very best image quality I have ever seen in a live action movie presented on a home video format. None of the other 31 movies in my collection comes close. This is like a high quality National Geographic style coffee table book of large format photography brought to life. The movie being filmed in 70mm plays a big part in that. The only thing any better is actually seeing this movie projected in 70mm at a premiere quality movie theater.

Critics like Roger Ebert and Bill Hunt at the Digital Bits have said the same thing. The disc is awesome demo material.

The audio track is also very good. It's mostly music, but also has some incredible sound effects and ambiance. The primary audio track is a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 track in 24-bit 96kHz resolution. Most lossless tracks on Blu-ray have a 48kHz sample rate. A 640kb/s DD 5.1 track is also included.

Last Kit Kittredge: An American Girl

OK. Unless you have girls, this movie will probably not interest you. This movie follows the popular book series. It takes place during the great depression. Pretty good family movie.

Bad: New Line/Warner are back to their no good policies. The picture is fair with noice and edge enhancement. The audio once again is offered in lossy only and only presented on a BD25. Time to wirte someone I know.

S~

Last: Sleeping Beauty

Had family movie day Sunday and finally got around to watching the Disney classic. This is absolutely stunning. The colors are rich and vibrant like never before seen. Audio is done in DTS- Master 24-bit/48. Truly spectacular and 10/10

S~

I finally got around to PotC Dead Man's Chest after 2 false starts. Loved it! Looked and sounded great. I might have stressed the system again. I really need to "watch" that! The audio builds slowly to high levels without you realizing it then >> Wham << !!

Next: PotC Land's End or Outbreak...