Last & Next Movie Watched

Last watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It's another comic-based fantasy of course, a genre of which I am becoming quite a fan, but Connery is always an attraction for me and Peta Wilson provided the eye candy in this one. A bit lame perhaps but fun anyway if you take things mostly on the surface as I do. Good action and effects. Decent DTS track (ES 6.1, IIRC). Might deserve a second look...

Speaking of which - I did a doubletake of The Punisher and it's still growing on me. I see the sequel is available, but I'll wait for a better price...

Looking for a good price on Sin City before I bite. Otherwise next will be something already in queue, like the Kill Bill duo still sitting there since almost day 1...!

Otherwise next will be something already in queue, like the Kill Bill duo still sitting there since almost day 1...!

Excellent choice!

If you are watching his movies check out Grindhouse. The second with Kurt Russel is so-so but the other with Rose McGowan is great.

Cool - Tks for the suggestion! I have to be in the "right" (wrong?) frame of mind for any Tarantino event, but the Grindhouse duo sounds cool! I like Rose McGowan from other flicks like Jawbreaker, but getting Bruce Willis and Nicholas Cage at any level is bonus...!

Last edited:
I watched Quarantine is was ok nothing great but I watched "The Express" it was a good film.

Last: Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Set it up for your wife and her sister or mother or close girls friends, and sneak out and go to the other room (or bar). It's a quality, non-entertaining film. Engaging, yes. Fun, NO. I did not even finish it. Could be renamed Benjamin Boring, Benjamin Bloated, or Benjamin GUMP.

I just got the Netflix today. Damn. And it's like 2 hrs. and 40 something minutes.

Watching Last Chance Harvey.. Can you tell?

S~

Last: Last Chance Harvey

It was OK. Good movie to watch with the GF or wife.

Next: What Doesn't Kill You

S~

Why am I paying 4 dollars more when I can't get The Wrestler, The Reader, and a few others?