Last & Next Movie Watched

Last - Hunt for Red October, a classic and one of my favorites. I have probably seen it 10 times but this was the first time in Blu / HD. (I know it has been on HD channels, but I waited for the chance to see it in 1080p.) Got it at WM for $15, a worthy addition to my collection. PQ was acceptable, and the audio in TrueHD was fantastic!

Next ??

Last - Hunt for Red October, a classic and one of my favorites. I have probably seen it 10 times but this was the first time in Blu / HD. (I know it has been on HD channels, but I waited for the chance to see it in 1080p.) Got it at WM for $15, a worthy addition to my collection. PQ was acceptable, and the audio in TrueHD was fantastic!

Next ??
Mine also... I saw it originally from the Front Row of a Theater (was late getting in ;))
Next: See what comes up in the Morning at Hastings... or an AVC HD

Last: M*A*S*H

Classic. Nice presentaion. A little soft. Audio was much better than I expected for the age of the film.

Next: ????

S~

Last: Fringe Season 1... Looks pretty good. Wasn't into it at first, caught a few more episodes over the season and since I missed a few, I figured I'd buy it when I saw it last week. Seems I got it early as I just realized it is not officially released yet.

Also, Shaun of the dead.. Everything I remember from it on HD-DVD. It might actually sound a tinge better, but I can't say for sure.

Last: Fringe Season 1... Looks pretty good. Wasn't into it at first, caught a few more episodes over the season and since I missed a few, I figured I'd buy it when I saw it last week. Seems I got it early as I just realized it is not officially released yet.

Also, Shaun of the dead.. Everything I remember from it on HD-DVD. It might actually sound a tinge better, but I can't say for sure.

So - it has good PQ? I was very disappointed with Sarah Connor Chronicles BD last year. Looked better on Dish than on BD.

I am tempted to get Fringe. Its a good show.

So - it has good PQ? I was very disappointed with Sarah Connor Chronicles BD last year. Looked better on Dish than on BD.

I am tempted to get Fringe. Its a good show.

Yes, I personally would give it 4/5 on PQ. I'd say it pretty much was untouched on the transfer to blu-ray. I'm not overly picky, but I do notice DNR/EE etc if it's grossly overdone and I saw nothing like that on this set, I do want to say EE was subtley used, but I am not a fanatic who is gonna watch a show in slow motion to try and find every problem. If It doesn't jump off the screen at me in normal playback, it's a non-issue to me.
Sound is lacking a bit as it's only a DD 5.1 mix. But it does it pretty well. Not as good as Sky captain pulled off a DD 5.1 track on blu-ray, but the Fringe setup is decent SQ wise.

The Equalizer 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)