Last Resort

I liked it but it would be better as a mini series. The story will just get convoluted.
Yeah, just like Heroes (and probably Once Upon a Time) it will likely run it's course in a season or two before being milked into awfulness. But I will enjoy the ride until then. The first episode was great, and hopefully the rest of the season remains so.

Watched it today, once again thanks to PTAT, liked it. Curious as to how they can keep it going long term though. Seems like it may be limited.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Watched it last night and I have to say that I stayed on the edge of my seat for most of the show. Even my 12 year old son watched it with me and said: "I want to keep watching that show!" I love the entire idea of a rogue power in the government trying to start a war in the middle east at the same time as an impeachment vote for the president is raging in the capital. All this sounds plausible and could happen, if the right factors happened . So once again plausible , likely or could be likely, means good entertainment to me. I like the captain , Xo and Lt. characters and the Navy Seals intrigue me. Seems like they were sent into Pakistan to start something that leads to the nuclear strike being called. They even say something like, they were responsible for the mess happening on the tv screen after the 2nd nuclear strike is initiated. To me it looks like some group in navy is behind this entire war. For what reason , who knows, but it definitely had my attention. But that being said , I think this entire show would of been better served as a mini series instead of a series. I mean how long can the sub & it's crew last when the entire country's military forces are out to get them?

just started watching the premiere wow! this looks great I hope it lasts

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

rdale said:
Way too cheesy... Not at all as good as Revolution. I'm disappointed - I really hoped this was going to be good. Just horrible acting all around and a monstrously implausible storyline.

Implausible? I would say revolution is more implausible. That being said, I like both shows and hope they both last.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Way too cheesy... Not at all as good as Revolution. I'm disappointed - I really hoped this was going to be good. Just horrible acting all around and a monstrously implausible storyline.

Wow its so strange to me how things can be so different from person to person.Guess that's what makes us human.

imho Last Resort is better than The Revolution and the acting is much better.As for plausibility,again I have to go with Last Resort.

Wow its so strange to me how things can be so different from person to person.Guess that's what makes us human.

imho Last Resort is better than The Revolution and the acting is much better.As for plausibility,again I have to go with Last Resort.

EXACTLY! Last Resort could really happen as I already referenced in my earlier post. Revolution will NEVER happen in this life. Especially all electricity just stop working simultaneously across the world. LOVE Last Resort and I hope it continues on , but the first night ratings were not good. As for Revolution , the opposite happened and their ratings were good. I think the writers of that show are " in the dark " when it comes to plausibility. But the American public has really dumbed down their tastes with all the "reality" shows that are mostly scripted for drama and flash. So you want to guess which show will last and which one won't?:confused:

It's not only about the plausibility of the story. Though I agree that a government coup attempt is much more plausible than that of some one figuring out how to stop all electrical activity without killing every living thing on Earth, what attracted me to Last Resort is the acting. I can do without the local mob boss, but the overall story premise is much more attractive. But this is coming from someone who thinks one of the best movies of all time is "Seven Days in May."

Having served aboard a U.S. Submarine I find this show enthralling but something just doesn't "click" with it. I'll give it a few more episodes. I also like Revolution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts