Letter from Inverstors to Chuck: (Voom/Echostar merge?)

VOOM may MERGE with EchoStar

Dolan is also "intending to talk to" EchoStar in a possible deal to combine the remaining assets of Voom, including 21 high definition programming channels and 26,000 subscribers, with the satellite that EchoStar agreed to purchase in January.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=549257

gutter said:
Has everyone forgotten that the two Chucks are good friends as well as competitors. Plus just look at the makeup of the new board members. I am particularly refereing to John Malone. He is a titan of his own in the cable industry and is well connected in Washington with all the powers in Congress and at the FCC. He is actually worth more than Chuck and knows his way around. Since he agreed to sit on the board, he will not be silent and he is an empire builder on his own.

Nope, he ties with Mr.Dolan:

Rank-310 Name-John Malone Age-63 Worth ($bil)-1.8 Residence- United States , CO , Parker

And don't forget, he owns about 17% of NewsCorp, the owners of DirecTV.

I don't think this is an attempt to merge Voom with Echostar. I believe it's an attempt for Dolan to buy Rainbow1 without CVC incurring penalties for defaulting on the definitive agreement, or an attempt to lease Rainbow1 from E* for a period of time to give Voom significantly more time to shore things up before having to install new dishes/move to other satellites.

Oh Bruce... a million or a billion here or there...who's counting? The point is he is impressive.

Also the new filing by the Class A stockholders mentions that CVC agreed to halt the closing down of VOOM. I would say that shutting down the website was not in the spirit of what was supposed to be agreed to Wednesday morning. I don't blame chuck for putting up his website. Someone gave the kill signal. I would say that is a step in shutting down. Even the message that was posted said shutting down. So what agreement was there in force? Seems to undermine there argument against Chuck or is it a warning?

Now abc is reporting a merger based on this. Did they even read the filing? Problem is now we will see 10 incorrect articles from newsday, mutlichannel, WSJ, bloomberg etc.simply copying an incorrect article.

gutter said:
Oh Bruce... a million or a billion here or there...who's counting?

I would be counting it and rolling in it, I am a Jew from Kentucky, so it would kind of be like the Clampetts wearing a yarmulke on their heads rolling in a bunch of dollar bills.

gutter said:
The point is he is impressive.

Not as much as Ergen, 9.1 billion, damn, all I have in checking right now is $100 after paying the mortgage today.

vurbano said:
Now abc is reporting a merger based on this. Did they even read the filing? Problem is now we will see 10 incorrect articles from newsday, mutlichannel, WSJ, bloomberg etc.simply copying an incorrect article.

Look at all the times for these stories, they all happened well after this thread started.
And why is this thread not a sticky yet.

bryan27 said:
I thought we have 46,000+ subs with 5,000+ waiting for installs. Guess that shows how old it is :)

No it was 46,000+ including 5,000+ waiting to install, but still better then the 26,000 it said.

How Echostar will aquire Voom.

And here's more heresy: Voom's 21 exclusives on either D* or E* in.....yes SD, at least for a while until mpeg4.

I said this on the evening that the website site went dark.

You guys need to give Chuck more credit. He got a satellite for a steal, and is positioning himself to get 21 more channels. He has no interest in "buying" Voom in whole.

Chuck only cares about the channels and their content. What might be being worked out is simply the sale of the name "voom" and the ability for C. Dolan to continue to produce and provide that content. This isn't gonna take a lot of money. CVC shuts down the broadcast end, which is where the real big money drains away. Chuck may be willing to enter an aggreement where he gives C. Dolan cash to keep "Voom" programing from Cablevision. This may be being worked out between the three parties. Chuck becomes a minority owner in Voom, with an agreement to use Voom's programming for Dishnetwork. Chuck may have to fork over some cash to CVC just to smooth out some of the bad karma, but it won't be a lot of cash.

So, C. Dolan would have come full circle, providng a cutting edge product/channel that everyone scoffed at. A little like another entity he started...HBO.

This will only happen if the price is right for Chuck.

No it is 46,000 installed and another 5000 waiting to install

No 46,000 total including the unistalled

NO, NO, NO, it's OVER 46,000 installed and OVER 5000 ready to install.

Let, me clear this up, is is less than 47000 installed

Wait a minute are you guys all nutz, there are definately more than 26000 subs.

Yeah but how many more?

Over 46000 with over 5000 needing to be installed.

Well that was just a news report, we can't realy depend on the news because they just watch what is on this forum and then report it, so really it is only a rumor.

No, that is a quoted number from a source at CVC.

I'm not willing to trust an unnamed source without a complete list of subscribers with names phone numbers addresses and install dates to back up the numbers. Then, I'll need some time call EVERY friggin one of them to make sure they are currently watching, not just have it installed, but actually watching it at that moment, I'll probably devise a test, ask them what is happening on the program they ar watching now, then I'll go to that channel, if they are right, I'll record it as a real subscriber. No wait, how do I know they are really a "PAID" sub. I'll need current bank statements from each. . .

Hopefully that will satisfy all the idiot "gotta say something even if it meaningless" posters out there.

You either didn't get it, or sorta fiddled with the context, Brucie

First of all, I said above, "Admittedly, today's news is not an exact replica of what I theorized". The post http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=378427#post378427 links to a discussion about the the legitimacy and potential connection of the people behind the new websites to Charles Dolan.

The full context was :
I saw something on this last night, and the first thought that crossed my mind was, MC Squared??

As in E=mc squared???? Maybe the saga has a wilder turn yet to come! Maybe Charles and Tom will buy E* and show them how to do HD!!

Well, hell...it's no wilder than most of the other speculation at this point

If you didn't get it, I further clarified it here http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=379239#post379239

Now, if you were just fiddling with the context
animal-smiley-039.gif
Frogs have it easy...they get to eat what bugs them. :p

E is a very big part in this puzzle, and it's becoming more and more apparent...and the pieces are still coming together.

Or Charles Dolan could be posturing to buy Dish Network ala Voom Network?

won't happen, Ergen is extremely frugal more interested in international channels, and buggy HD receivers

Duh, that's why I had this :p in my post, maybe it would have been better for a :D or how about this
3dbiggrin3.gif

and this is what happens if that frog eats too many bugs

bigsick.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts