Lexington KY locals in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I am thinking of switching to Dish from Directv. Can anyone tell me if Dish has all of the big 4 networks in HD in Lexington,KY? Dish website leads me to believe that they do not offer FOX in HD. Anyone from the area confirm?

Thanks,
Mike

Matt,

Dish now has Louisville's PBS station (WKPC-15) in HD. It is owned by KET (Kentucky Education Television). KET owns most of the Kentucky PBS stations, yet Lexington's PBS station (WKLE-46) is only in SD on Dish. Both stations air the same programming from KET1. If Louisville's spot beam is large enough to reach into Lexington's DMA, what would prevent Lexington from receiving KET1 in HD from Louisville? I'm sure KET would be all for it. Thanks!

The poster is correct, the Dish site does not reflect that FOX is in HD, or PBS. It doesn't even mention WKPC.

Lexington & Louisville are not on spot beam. They are conus.

Comparing Lexington locals to Louisville, Cincinnati, Knoxville we are lacking. You might notice no CW.

Last edited:
what I don't understand is why carry the Louisville locals in sd when they are available in HD.......
Channel 21, 34 & 58 are now broadcasting in HD, yet Dish does not carry them in hd only sd

what I don't understand is why carry the Louisville locals in sd when they are available in HD.......
Channel 21, 34 & 58 are now broadcasting in HD, yet Dish does not carry them in hd only sd

Probably because the OTA channels look exactly like the sat channels. SD letterboxed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)