Lmb n power inserter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nicperc

Original poster
Sep 25, 2017
Kentucky
I acquired a 3d1lnbro lmb .can it be used with a pI129 R 1 power inserter. I was using it with a SL 5K4NR lmb. My second question is there any differences in what channels I'll get with the different lmb.
Thanks

I acquired a 3d1lnbro lmb .can it be used with a pI129 R 1 power inserter. I was using it with a SL 5K4NR lmb. My second question is there any differences in what channels I'll get with the different lmb.
Thanks
Yes you can use a 29v PI to power a 3D1 LNB. Although I don't know how you could have previously used a PI with a SL5KRBR0 type LNB, as that model is non-SWiM legacy which does not use a PI for power.

And you will actually receive fewer channels going from a "5" satellite position "SL5" (99, 101, 103, 110, 119W) to a "3" position "3D1" (99, 101, 103W).

But it may not be relavant as 110W is not used in the U.S. any longer (for PR subs only). And you only need 119W for Spanish and some other foreign language programming, mostly foreign genre music channels. And SD spotbeam local channels for some markets.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)