LNB Splitter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kdjuan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
I installed Orby using my 4ft kuband dish which has a motor on it to tune to other satellites.
My question is how can i split the coaxial cable so that i can use both orby and my FTA receiver.
Currently iam using a A/B splitter but i have to get up and switch it. I was wanting to be able to switch back and for with out the A/B Splittter.
What kind of switch will i need.

If it's a dual output lnbf , connect the orby receiver to one port and the FTA receiver on the other port. Two coax cables ran out to dish.

Sent from our Pleadian star ship

Reactions: FTA4PA
Kevin, like truckracer mentioned, you will need to run a dual output LNBF. Make sure you get one that has a standard 10750 LO. A lot of the dual and quad LNBFs on the market are universal.

okay. So once i get a dual LNB can i put a switch outside on the dish so that i wont have to run another cable. If so what kind of switch do i need to put on it.

If you use a splitter, the FTA STB will need to be either placed on a vertical transponder (13Vdc) or powered off when the Orby receiver is used. If the FTA receiver is powered on and tuned to a horizontal transponder, the Orby receiver will not see the vertical transponder.

Also, the Orby EPG data may be outdated for a period of time when the dish was not aimed at 117w for a while and/or the FTA STB was tuned to a horizontal TP.

Actually you want to power off the one receiver before powering on the other. You don't want to confuse the "diode steering" function of the splitter. You have the same capabilities as with the A/B switch and no more. You just don't have to get up and switch it :)
I use three receivers sharing two motorized dishes with a three way splitter. :)

IMO, run a second coax cable, and while you are doing that, install a second fixed dish JUST for Orby. You'll probably want to do it soon after trying it the way you have it now, so beat the rush and just do it right away.

Reactions: truckracer
Here is the answers for you.

If you just want to use Orby and have other uses for the satellite. Then a splitter is fine. But it has to be a full range. Up to 2ghz

If you have a system. Like I do or even just a ku satellite and want to use the fta also..

It's going to need a switch. The best one I like is a 4x8 powered switch.

This is the best for fta boxes to. As the box then does not have to power the switch or lnb. Which I had an old 4x4 that was not powered. And would over heat the box

Now mind you Orby satellite receiver is defaulted on 22k.

So if you use it with a 2 satellite system. It has to be on the 22k 13/18

But with this. I can move my Orby anywhere in my house. And it works on all 8 outlets.
I have 2 satellites c band and ku band.

And I have 2 control boxes.
Satellites 1 to 20 c band
20 and up is 2nd box ku.

Well Orby i was just trying out and seeing if i could get it to come in with my ku band dish and they had orby receivers half priced. So its something i would use every blue moon. So no need for a another cable ran.

iam not going to do pay ever month i may not get it again for another 3 months or so. its not my main source of tv. just wanted to see if i could get it with my ku band setup.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts