Local Fox channel guide data wrong.

This is total nonsense. I have talked to TV stations that send the correct guide info out and yet it sends up wrong on the Dish OTA guide. I have been fighting to get my guides right for a year now. The information is correct but not connected to the channel.
In other words, Our ABC (KATU) has a PBS guide, CBS (KOIN), another different PBS station guide, NBC (KGW), the FOX guide, PBS (KOPB) a ION guide. No guide on FOX (KPTV) or MYTV (KPDX). I finally bought a Amazon ReCast with a free 2 week guide. The guide is totally accurate on all stations including sub channels. Somewhere the info Dish gets is all mixed up and with several tries, I have never got it corrected.
According to some here, every channel must be sending out the wrong IDs, because Dish has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes

My Guide shows the correct info for KATU, KOIN, KGW, Fox and all the others.

This is total nonsense. I have talked to TV stations that send the correct guide info out and yet it sends up wrong on the Dish OTA guide. I have been fighting to get my guides right for a year now. The information is correct but not connected to the channel.
In other words, Our ABC (KATU) has a PBS guide, CBS (KOIN), another different PBS station guide, NBC (KGW), the FOX guide, PBS (KOPB) a ION guide. No guide on FOX (KPTV) or MYTV (KPDX). I finally bought a Amazon ReCast with a free 2 week guide. The guide is totally accurate on all stations including sub channels. Somewhere the info Dish gets is all mixed up and with several tries, I have never got it corrected.

....and it's not only sub channels. The OTA guide info for the NBC affiliate in my market, Spokane, has had nothing but "KHQ-HD" on channel 006-01 for at least the past six years.
I am also in the Spokane market. I recently received a free antenna and OTA adapter due to the loss of FOX28. I was pretty excited to get it set up and unsubscribe from Dish locals to save $12 a month. But now, I see I have the same issue with KHQ and realize that if I go strictly OTA, I won't be able to record NBC programming unless I do it manually? Is that right? If so, this is ridiculous. Have you tried to contact Dish about this? Anything we can do to get it fixed?

I am also in the Spokane market. I recently received a free antenna and OTA adapter due to the loss of FOX28. I was pretty excited to get it set up and unsubscribe from Dish locals to save $12 a month. But now, I see I have the same issue with KHQ and realize that if I go strictly OTA, I won't be able to record NBC programming unless I do it manually? Is that right? If so, this is ridiculous. Have you tried to contact Dish about this? Anything we can do to get it fixed?

Without NBC (and local) listings, manual recordings are the only option on KHQ 006-01. I emailed KHQ a few years ago, but never got a response.

I have also had a couple of instances of recording errors with the Hopper 3 where I set up a recording on the primary channel (say KXLY 004-01) and ended up with a recording from one of the sub channels instead.

I solved both issues by picking up a TiVo Roamio with lifetime service during one of the sales.

With the $12 savings from Dish each month, I'm now in the black again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)