Luken Communications Files For Bankruptcy After $47.4 Million "Fraudulent Transfer" Verdict Against

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Further grim details.

"The complaint alleges that Luken Communications breached television program licensing agreements with Cinebx involving 2,500 hours of television programming worth $750,000. The lawsuit alleges that Luken made false statements regarding his company's ability to pay for licensed programs."

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11002907.htm

Lovely...

Well, he'll have to sell some toys if he wants to keep his company alive. But I fear that the most likely outcome will be that he pulls the plug and writes it off.
It's a strong probability it's toast... :cry:

Edit: After reading the article, I don't see how this will turn out well.
CineBX has likely cut off Luken from airing anything else or will do so very soon. And no one else is going to let Luken air their stuff in the light of all this.

They won't have access to much of anything very soon except public domain stuff from archive.org. Like Whitesprings was (and still is) doing..

:cry:

?Well, I'm going to DVR their cartoons until their last, gasping, dying breath...

Last edited:
Commercials?

I've said this before. Commercials? Who cares?
I record everything before watching. Even the nightly news! :)
So their content goes relatively unnoticed.
There is this one for Dish Network that seems to go on forever.
But once I realized it's TWO Minutes long, I just skip forward that far to miss it. ;)
?

A lot of those commercials you see he probably does not get paid for or gets paid very little for, as those are pay per action commercials, where he makes money is when a viewer calls in and orders that product.

It's like the ads here on SatelliteGuys, many are shown but we are not paid for them unless a user clicks on them.

Its the way the business works.

So their content goes relatively unnoticed.
There is this one for Dish Network that seems to go on forever.
But once I realized it's TWO Minutes long, I just skip forward that far to miss it. ;)
?

I watch the Science Channel, when on rare occasion they actually air something educational, and they run these STUPID 10 minute informercial-ettes for Dragon speech stuff.

So their content goes relatively unnoticed.?
Exactly the same here. Any commercial producer had better keep this in mind. The smart ones have an extended fixed logo or similar so they get some value from those fast forwarding with no audio. Although the 30-second step feature even prevents that from getting any information to the viewer. And network news with their horrible collection of drug commercials are the worst on TV. Very occasionally some advertiser with good music creates one worth repeated watching and gets their message across: "Let's Hum Hum Hum Hum, let's Hummm....a Prius for everyone!"

I record everything before watching. Even the nightly news!
I think that could be said for A LOT of people that get their boobtube fix via traditional means. Or should that be boobplate (Flat plate display) or boobscreen now adays?

Cool Hand Luken

When creditors are nipping at your heels, and it looks like you're putting from the rough, buy another golf course. FOUR !

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/aug/23/henry-luken-lands-valleybrook-golf-course-950000-a/

Whether his network survives or not -- Henry will survive. Fore !

What a dumb*ss !!!

That man has lots of dollars and no sense.

He's running his networks into the ground while he does this BS? Plus a fleet of obscenely large yachts? He's just another opportunistic capitalistic profiteering greedy "I've got it all and I want MOAR!" pig.

I have no respect for Henry Luken. :mad:

Posted with my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys app

Why do you care? You said up the page that you got no use for Luken so why would you watch anything that is associated with his network??:confused:

Just because I think Luken is an idiot and greedy, it does not mean that the TV networks he owns are of no value to me.

I record Harveytoons every day, twice a day because there is no other source for these cartoons which I grew up on, love, miss and haven’t seen in many, many years.

I record Wolfman Mac and Offbeat Cinema because they play cheesy old D (or worse) movies that no one else will air.

Some of the other shows they air are OK as well.

RTV and PBJ are good channels with a lot of potential. The person behind them however is not a good business man and he’s more worried about material possessions (as all wealthy people are) than anything else. He isn’t focused on his business, he’s focused on obtaining more toys and when he should be paying the bills for his network(s) he’s out spending that money on more gold courses and more yachts and more Bentlys and Maybachs and adding another more mansions to his list of other mansions. He’ll let his networks tank and write them off. He’ll profit from that. He doesn’t seem to be interested in fixing things. Case in point, he owes $750k for content. He just dropped $950k on a frickin GOLF COURSE. Idiot.
The people with the libraries he drew content from will (or have already) cut him off from any further content and sue to prevent him from airing any content he acquired from them in the past. What will he air? More annoying lawsuit commercials?
Yeah, that will keep people glued to the tube. No wonder broadcasters around the country are dropping Luken stuff. He COULD HAVE built an empire and been on par with MeTV.

He has POOR decision making skills. In the end we lose.

That golf course will make him more then his tv networks will. TV is not the only business he is in, in fact it's a small part if what he does.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sadly RTV is not what it used to be 3 years ago, still some few watchable shows.
Lassie I watch and record, but they keep repeating the same episodes even though there were about 200 of them from the Timmy years.

I´d say that nowadays ME TV is the number 1 retro tv station.
My perception is that Luken was just not interested in being number 1 with RTV,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)