Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I am still so thrilled with our Mac transition in our house. I like the way Apple does things, and this includes upgrades. Microsoft charges way too much for their upgrades. Hopefully 10.8 will be another $29.99 upgrade.

I wonder if Apple will do a family pack upgrade like they did for Snow Leopard? I have 2 Macs to upgrade.

I upgraded two Macs to Lion with one $29.99 purchase. Just login to the App Store with the same ID on the other Mac and download. Works with all App Store purchases.

I am still so thrilled with our Mac transition in our house. I like the way Apple does things, and this includes upgrades. Microsoft charges way too much for their upgrades. Hopefully 10.8 will be another $29.99 upgrade.

I wonder if Apple will do a family pack upgrade like they did for Snow Leopard? I have 2 Macs to upgrade.

If both machines are on the same app store account, you can install on both of them. The best part of the app store is the buy once, install as often as you want approach. Made my life very easy when I setup my Air.

I discovered that while the Apple OSX upgrade was much cheaper that what Microsoft does, the gotcha was in the software that nolonger worked. My upgrade from Leopard to Snow went with a cheap $29.95 however nearly all my software became unusable. The upgrades for all the software was over $600! Most of that was in Final Cut Pro but other apps also needed upgrade.

So, I have decided to convert my Macbook pro to a handmedown. I was looking into the future of it for my son-in-law who said he would love to have it. But I question is this Mac has now reached a dead end with Leopard Snow ??? I'm not sure since it is a MacBook Pro 15" 2,2 version. It's the same one that Scott bought as we got ours the same month he got his that year and I don't recall when that was without digging through my records. It has hardly any use on it but it seems the battery won't charge. I haven't turned it on on well over a year, maybe 2.

I discovered that while the Apple OSX upgrade was much cheaper that what Microsoft does, the gotcha was in the software that nolonger worked. My upgrade from Leopard to Snow went with a cheap $29.95 however nearly all my software became unusable. The upgrades for all the software was over $600! Most of that was in Final Cut Pro but other apps also needed upgrade.

So, I have decided to convert my Macbook pro to a handmedown. I was looking into the future of it for my son-in-law who said he would love to have it. But I question is this Mac has now reached a dead end with Leopard Snow ??? I'm not sure since it is a MacBook Pro 15" 2,2 version. It's the same one that Scott bought as we got ours the same month he got his that year and I don't recall when that was without digging through my records. It has hardly any use on it but it seems the battery won't charge. I haven't turned it on on well over a year, maybe 2.

I think you mean Snow Leopard; but if you got the mbp in the past three years, I don't think you'll have a problem upgrading it to Mountain Lion. Of course, it sounds like it needs to go in for a new battery.

By the way, NOT a Mountain Lion thing, but I noticed with 10.7.3 (the latest version of Lion) that there round spinning rainbow (when the system is thinking) is gone, and it is now a spinning light blue circle.

By the way, NOT a Mountain Lion thing, but I noticed with 10.7.3 (the latest version of Lion) that there round spinning rainbow (when the system is thinking) is gone, and it is now a spinning light blue circle.
Really? I just updated my wife's MBP and it had a spinning rainbow.

Some new changes coming to Safari in ML. Unified search bar - like Chrome. enter URL or search info in it.

Also, it seems as if RSS is being banished from both Mail.app and Safari. Not sure about the latter, but apparently ML will want you to use a third party RSS program like Reeder.

rockymtnhigh said:
Some new changes coming to Safari in ML. Unified search bar - like Chrome. enter URL or search info in it.
Didn't this already exist? I could have sworn it has. This feature had been available on FF, IE, and Chrome for a while now. I have been using it on FF for almost a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Someone correct me if I'm wrong,but I found out that Lion will only let you use the 32 bit kernel & EFI. Snow Leopard let you use the 64 bit kernel & EFI,but Lion doesn't. The reason I bring this up is that I joined the Apple Developer site($99.00) to try to see if I can download the Mountain Lion developer preview,but I keep getting the message,"This version of OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer." I've done everything I could to change over to 64 bit on Lion,but no matter what,the kernel & EFI doesn't change from 32 bit. My processor is set to 64 bit(I have 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup) & 64 bit kernel boot mode(have kernel architecture set to x86_64),but everything else stays the same. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor so I should be able to run 64 bit kernel. I read somewhere that Mountain Lion is supposed to run in 64 bit.

I have to mention something about the Safari 5.2 Beta. When you have more than one tab up,the X that closes the tab is missing. You have to right click to get the menu up to close the tab. hopefully they'll fix that before the Safari 5.2 goes national.

Didn't this already exist? I could have sworn it has. This feature had been available on FF, IE, and Chrome for a while now. I have been using it on FF for almost a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sure it exists in FF and Chrome, but not in Safari, until the new beta...

I have to mention something about the Safari 5.2 Beta. When you have more than one tab up,the X that closes the tab is missing. You have to right click to get the menu up to close the tab. hopefully they'll fix that before the Safari 5.2 goes national.

So with your OSX Dev account you can run the beta for Safari (and Mail?) without actually being on ML?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)