Mac OS X User Thread

I too get a lot of freezes and shutdown problems in Snow Leopard caused by various programs. Often have to forcefully close them. What's up with that? Very annoying!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Now I have to look for display drivers so I can get the true 16:9 full screen instead of the 4:3 pillar box display. Hopefully there are some

You will want to install the Guest Additions for Windows. This will give you all of the drivers that will be needed for the virtual machine.

You will want to install the Guest Additions for Windows. This will give you all of the drivers that will be needed for the virtual machine.
Thanks. Done. Now I can do more, including allows allowing Windows to see my USB devices now and as copy/paste. Something that wasn't available before Guest Additions installation

You can write idiot programs that abuse any operating system. The difference is in how the OS protects itself from the application. The program will crash and hang, but it doesn't take down the OS, and as you learned, there is still force quit available.
It did freeze up the whole OS. I could not do anything.

The reason why it seemed like a more major issue though, was because I did not know about the "Option Command Esc", so I sat there like an idiot for a long time wondering how to unfreeze the computer.

Thankfully I was able to do a google search on my reliable Windows PC. :D

It did freeze up the whole OS. I could not do anything.

The reason why it seemed like a more major issue though, was because I did not know about the "Option Command Esc", so I sat there like an idiot for a long time wondering how to unfreeze the computer.

Thankfully I was able to do a google search on my reliable Windows PC. :D

Actually if you click out of the window that is frozen you will be back to the finder application. That will then allow you to click the apple icon and select force quit. This 100% of the time works for me as it is really just the app that is frozen.

Mac OSX User Thread

Cannot install office. Cannot get VirtualBox to see it. I have it on an external drive and in a folder on the the window of MAC OS. Any suggestions?

Cannot install office. Cannot get VirtualBox to see it. I have it on an external drive and in a folder on the the window of MAC OS. Any suggestions?

Most virtualization programs have a way to share files between the host and guest. I am not sure how to do this with Virtual Box but I know that Fusion can do it. I would assume that Virtual Box can do it also.

Mac OSX User Thread

I am creating this thread to be the running thread for max OSX (Lion, Snow Leopard, etc) discussions; how to's; questions; advice; suggestions for good mac programs. You name it.

We have been having this discussion in several other threads -- most recently the OSX Lion poll thread, before that in the macbook pro thread. I figured this would be a good thread to have.

This is similar to the Computers 101 thread we have.

How do you do a screen capture on a MAC and where do you paste the image? I can show you what I am talking about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)