Made the move from XM to Sirius

kc5deb

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
I've been with XM for about 2 years now, and have endured the dwindling music on XM.

After an 8 hour trip the other day, and fighting the remote and switching constantly between tons of channels on XM JUST to find a song I either liked or had even heard of the artist, I decided to make the switch.

I have to say, I'm going to miss a few things about XM. I'm going to miss the talk that XM seems to have over Sirius. XM has Glen Beck, Dave Ramsey (I know Sirius has him too, but, they have him at late nights when I'm never in my car), and other popular talk show hosts... And last but not least, Coast to Coast AM...

Anyone else as disappointed as I am with XM's lack of airplay of mainstream music, and Sirius's lack of quality talk show programming?

I've had XM since last Christmas and i wouldn't go to Sirius either especially since XM'S going to have the NHL exclusively starting next season.

I've had XM for 3 years and the music is lacking lately. I mainly listen to Ethel and now find myself having to sit through 3 lousy artists I've never heard of before I hear something more mainstream.

XM also hired "Cain" as a DJ for Ethel. He used to be on K-Rock in NY, he was terrible there and its more of the same with him on XM. Hes constantly playing Sublime and Pearl Jam. Those are good bands, but they belong on Lucy, not Ethel.

XM needs to get some newer mainstream rock/alt into their playlists.

I think that both have their advantages over the other. XM seems to carry a better line up of Talk and newshows for the daytime, better Jazz and decade music. Sirius seems to have a better selection of today's mainstream music.

I switched to Sirius about two years ago from XM. For my taste, there music is way better. I like racing and Sirius Speedway is awsome. Dave Moody is great. The Wise Guys are a crack up. 2007 will have all Nascar races.

I've been with XM for about 2 years now, and have endured the dwindling music on XM.

After an 8 hour trip the other day, and fighting the remote and switching constantly between tons of channels on XM JUST to find a song I either liked or had even heard of the artist, I decided to make the switch.

I have to say, I'm going to miss a few things about XM. I'm going to miss the talk that XM seems to have over Sirius. XM has Glen Beck, Dave Ramsey (I know Sirius has him too, but, they have him at late nights when I'm never in my car), and other popular talk show hosts... And last but not least, Coast to Coast AM...

Anyone else as disappointed as I am with XM's lack of airplay of mainstream music, and Sirius's lack of quality talk show programming?

XM has a broader music play list---which means less time for "mainstream" music. As for talk differences that is pretty subjective. I prefer XM but when we did apoll on the subject of which was best for talk Sirius was the choice of 42 members here and XM ws pulling up the rear with only 15 votes.

Last edited:
I'm a college student, and we just got Sirius installed at my part time job. On XM, I love "Flight 26" but wish it had more 90's music. I have always considered switching to SIRIUS for their "Sirius 9, The Pulse" (90's and Now) but after listening to it for an eight hour shift, their "Sirius Music News on the hour every hour, give or take a minute" repeats about 5 times before it is slightly altered. The music was very intriguing at first, as I heard things I never heard on XM Flight 26, but even it began to repeat after just one day of listening. Needless to say, I'm not as thrilled with Sirius as I thought I'd be.

I'm a college student, and we just got Sirius installed at my part time job. On XM, I love "Flight 26" but wish it had more 90's music. I have always considered switching to SIRIUS for their "Sirius 9, The Pulse" (90's and Now) but after listening to it for an eight hour shift, their "Sirius Music News on the hour every hour, give or take a minute" repeats about 5 times before it is slightly altered. The music was very intriguing at first, as I heard things I never heard on XM Flight 26, but even it began to repeat after just one day of listening. Needless to say, I'm not as thrilled with Sirius as I thought I'd be.

What do you think of XM 9? That is more of a 90s channel.

XM 9 is definitely a 90's channel, but they are lacking on later-90's material. They are also not programmed to have any sort of music from the last seven years, which makes up lot of both Sirius 9, and XM Flight 26

I think you're right here. I have found that XM has been going through a period of weakness lately. I don't know but for me Sirius has never been that good. I think both of them need to do some work.

I think you're right here. I have found that XM has been going through a period of weakness lately. I don't know but for me Sirius has never been that good. I think both of them need to do some work.

That's unfortunately very true. Sometimes I think both providers aren't paying as much attention to programming music as they are spending millions on celebrities...

Please define mainstream music. I see these posts all the time about satrad not playing what they want to hear but then folks never back it up. If I wanted to hear mainstream classic rock my local FM does a fine job with The Eagles, The Allmans, Doobies, STYX, etc..... I love XM because I hear Renaissance, Stone Coyotes, old Chicago, etc.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)