Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am proud to announce that this coming Sunday we will be doing a major upgrade to SatelliteGuys!

The board will be down for a few hours starting at approxamately 9am as we upgrade our software and our look!

The new software has been in heavy beta by the staff and also by some of our supporting pub members and I am proud to report that its getting some big thumbs up for all the staff and testers!

When we upgrade we will be introducing a totally new look for SatelliteGuys and this look is like nothing you have ever seen before! We have totally redesigned some of the layout to make SatellieGuys even easier to use, post and find what your looking for! The color scheme is very easy on your eyes and the overall look is very clean.

I am personally VERY proud of the new look, a lot of thought and hours went into it. I do hope you enjoy it as much as our testers have.

Thanks for everyones time and efforts and am looking forward to see the new look.

The last time someone ran that "new and improved" mantra by me, it was Breyers as they downsized their half-gallon container to a mere 1.75 quarts. They certainly didn't downsize the price.:(

77567-25426_lg.jpg

To succumb to the need to improve service, is to admit that SatelliteGuys.US isn't already perfect as is.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm sure we will be pleasantly surprised with the new and improved SatGuys!:)

Thanks for everyone's hard work!:hatsoff:

P.S. I still want my half-gallon sized Breyers Ice Cream...:p

Jim you have been a long time supporter.

Check your PM. :)

And no its not a half gallon of Ice Cream. :D

Time to kick in a donation to make this to the place to come for the latest news.

Let me see if I can some loose change under the sat box :p

I like the new look.. Can we intall a filter on stallite guys radio to block out unwanted artsts aka barbara streisand etc

SatelliteGuys Radio is my next project, at the moment it has 2000+ songs and when it has no requests it just picks stuff at Random.

All the songs are weighted the same at the moment, because of that less popular artists and songs are being played as much as the popular artists and songs. I need to sit down and go through every song one by one and do the following to them

1) Correct the Names Displayed so that they all look uniform. No more pink_floyd-comfortably_nump.mp3 showing up in the titles. :)

2) Add cover art to all songs, this way in the player you see the album cover of who's playing.

3) Change the weighting of songs so that the popular songs play more often then the less popular ones. Some songs will even be set to not be selected at random and the only time they will play is at a users request.

With these changes made SatelliteGuys Radio will be even better. It kind of sucks at the moment when you have a Steve Miller Band song playing and the next song up is one by Jim Neighbors. :D

FYI the music collection comes from my years of DJ'ing at bars around the state, some nights I would be playing biker bars, other nights I would be playing weddings, other nights I would be playing in hotels bars, etc... Each needed a different type of music. :)

Scott,

I would like to donate some more $ to the site. What is the best way to do this ?

Dave you can click on the donate icons at the bottom of all the pages. BTW check the pub forum and read my thank you thread. :)

Thanks for your support!!

Scott how hard would it be to implement the radio to just an HTML page?

I have a number of mp3's that I'd like to add to my site.

I just need the code, as I have my own mp3's ;) is it GPL?

nevermind, it's PHP, and my embedded server cannot handle it.

Last edited:
I think everyone is gonna like it. Scott put a lot of effort into it and it definitely shows. Great job Scott and thank you for this great site!

riffjim4069 said:
The last time someone ran that "new and improved" mantra by me, it was Breyers as they downsized their half-gallon container to a mere 1.75 quarts. They certainly didn't downsize the price.:(

77567-25426_lg.jpg

To succumb to the need to improve service, is to admit that SatelliteGuys.US isn't already perfect as is.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm sure we will be pleasantly surprised with the new and improved SatGuys!:)

Thanks for everyone's hard work!:hatsoff:

P.S. I still want my half-gallon sized Breyers Ice Cream...:p

That's funny stuff, I feel your pain. been there before.

Today for the first time I let all our pub memembers and supporters see the new SatelliteGuys. And the feedback I have received has been amazing, not one single complaint. And even getting solid thumbs up to all the new features.

Its different in a good way. Its not your run of the mill vBulletin look, thats for sure. And it is also VERY comfortable on the eyes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.