Major Upgrade Sunday!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have found the templates where the spell checker lives and have disabled them from being cached. :)

This should take care of the problem. :)

Scott,

One little thing on the "classic" view...

When you click the "Post reply" button from the quick reply box or from the quick edit box the little swirl or graphic that comes up to let you know it's working comes up as a "box". Essentially, the graphic cannot be found. Everything works okay, its just "looks"

See ya
Tony

Yep, thanks, I have spell check now. I LOVE the learn feature!

The layout and color scheme is attractive, but I will be using "classic" for the following reasons:

The posts have advertising attached to any designated keyword written.

There are ads interspersed throughout the threads. It kinda reminds me of watching a TV program with commercials every 5 minutes. All that advertising (keyword pop-ups ETC) is very distracting and has an annoying "busy" appearance.

I am sure you guys need to make money, but IMHO its way overboard.:(

The layout and color scheme is attractive, but I will be using "classic" for the following reasons:

The posts have pop-up advertising attached to any designated keyword written.

There are ads (sponsored links) interspersed throughout the threads (classic & new look). It kinda reminds me of watching a TV program with commercials every 5 minutes. All that advertising (keyword pop-ups ETC) is very distracting and has an annoying "busy" appearance.

The "surveys" I assume are third party "tracked" surveys, which are equally annoying.:rolleyes:

I am sure you guys need to make money, but IMHO its way overboard.:(

Last edited:
The posts have advertising attached to any designated keyword written.
You should only be seeing the IntelliTxt ads if your not logged in. Let me know if thats not the case, but I thought we had that fixed.

It should be noted that all ads seen by registered members in the new look WILL be seen by registered members with the Classic Look today. The amount of ads have not changed between the old software and new software, just optimized differently.

Remember supporters do not see the Google and syndicated ads. :)

Which ensures I will continue supporting, and glad to do so!

I'm getting used to the new look and feel, but I've been so busy rebuilding my Dad's Minibook PC (harddrive lunched + bad electrolytic capcitors) and doing drive diagnostics on my niece's notebook HDD, that I haven't had a chance to really hit it hard.

I like the new colors (someone mentioned the baby-piss yellow for the selected topic; maybe green would be better?) but the big blue bar on the left is my only "haven't warmed up to it yet" feature. Too bad the "Site Selections" can't float on the left side as you scroll down so the selections are always available without having to scroll back to the top.

I like the new colors (someone mentioned the baby-piss yellow for the selected topic; maybe green would be better?) but the big blue bar on the left is my only "haven't warmed up to it yet" feature.
I tried green (the same green in the logo) but it didn't look good.

If you will notice 95% of the colors are the actual colors of the logo, this is the secret of why the look matches so much. :D It's a great logo and was the basis for the new look.

The Blue bar is still a work in progress. I want to make it user selectable, to be on the main forums listing page or on all pages. It really does clean up the site by getting rid of the ugly top navbar (which was difficult to ad stuff to since space it it was so limited)

As always I continue working to make SatelliteGuys better for all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts