Major Upgrade Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been no complaints because there is nothing to complain about!! The new site is very visually pleasing. With cool little additions too!

And its the perfect time for people to 'step up to the plate' and support SatelliteGuys (and Scott!) by becoming a member. Its kind of like NPR or PBS.. Instead of member-supported tv/radio, its member-supported web! Make the donation, and you will feel better about yourself! :cool:

Scott Greczkowski said:
SatelliteGuys Radio is my next project, at the moment it has 2000+ songs and when it has no requests it just picks stuff at Random.

All the songs are weighted the same at the moment, because of that less popular artists and songs are being played as much as the popular artists and songs. I need to sit down and go through every song one by one and do the following to them

1) Correct the Names Displayed so that they all look uniform. No more pink_floyd-comfortably_nump.mp3 showing up in the titles. :)

2) Add cover art to all songs, this way in the player you see the album cover of who's playing.

3) Change the weighting of songs so that the popular songs play more often then the less popular ones. Some songs will even be set to not be selected at random and the only time they will play is at a users request.

With these changes made SatelliteGuys Radio will be even better. It kind of sucks at the moment when you have a Steve Miller Band song playing and the next song up is one by Jim Neighbors. :D

FYI the music collection comes from my years of DJ'ing at bars around the state, some nights I would be playing biker bars, other nights I would be playing weddings, other nights I would be playing in hotels bars, etc... Each needed a different type of music. :)

By any chance, are you considering rasing the bitrate in the satteliteguys' radio?

kdarcangelis870 said:
By any chance, are you considering rasing the bitrate in the satteliteguys' radio?

Maybe to 128 kbps? Sounds is good at 96 kbps but it could be better at 128 kbps if the bandwith allows of course. Otherwise just leave it at 96 kbps.

Your wish is my command.

SatelliteGuys Radio is now operating at 128 kbps. :)

Before we were using MP3PRO at 96 kbps which is supposed to sound as good as a full 128kbps, however I believe pure 128k sounds better. :D

Ok well I have made it to my office for the big upgrade. :)

Just going to do a few quick backups and then the work begins. :D

We we will see as soon as possible!

Hi Scott,

I like the new look, and the first thing I noticed how much easier it was to read.

It is very clean, and I think it loads faster than before.

Great Job everyone! Thanks for all your hard work in making this a great site for information and help.

Fred

Hello everyone! Please post your comments about today's upgrade on THIS THREAD. Thanks

For those that want the old "classic look" go to the bottom of the page and select it from the drop-down menu.

See ya
Tony

07:20 Mon am. I'm impressed!:) I haven't been out of the opp center yet but so far this is great. Everything looks really good and seems much faster too. Thanks guys. Now to go look around and see what trouble I can get into.:D

There doesn't seem to be a way to spell check- or am I missing it? I don't even see a checkmark/ABC.

Hello everyone! Please post your comments about yesterday's upgrade on THIS THREAD. Thanks

Just trying to avoid two threads in the same forum about the same subject.

For those that want the old "classic look" go to the bottom of the page and select it from the drop-down menu or on the top right of the page just click on "Classic Look".

See ya
Tony

In the upper right corner, there is a checkmark with abc above it...

Nope. I can hit "Reply to Thread" and see the usual block with smilies to the right, and a "switch editor mode" icon (letter A) above that. I also see a few "wrap X tags around..." Am I looking in the wrong place, or is my screen somehow set up differently? But thanks for helping.

Attachments

• replytothread.jpg
    replytothread.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 110
I love it, looks so pretty!! :) And what happened to RSS? It's gone! :( Hopefully, you guys bring RSS back.

Good job, guys!

Never mind:

RSS is working fine except WUT.. :( All I get is "Live Bookmark feed failed to load."

Last edited:
I dont know if RSS has ever worked for WUT. I dont know if RSS readers read our cookies or not to decided if you should see WUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.